walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Swimming with the fishes in the fields..

Swimming with the fishes in the fields..

by basscadet » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Route description: Fisherfield 6, from Shenavall

Munros included on this walk: A' Mhaighdean, Beinn Tarsuinn, Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair, Ruadh Stac Mòr, Sgùrr Bàn

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn a' Chlaidheimh

Date walked: 25/08/2012

Time taken: 18 hours

Distance: 47.8 km

Ascent: 3716m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Swimming with the fishes in the fields..

Postby KeithS » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:10 pm

What a wonderful walk and a brilliant report. :clap:
I had driven up through Thursday night and, having had a kip during Friday morning, I got bitten to death by the b****y midges whilst mowing the meadow I call my lawn during the afternoon. :(
I had promised myself a treat so on the Sunday, whilst you were walking out, I had my '50 shades' experience with Fiona. :D :wink: :D
I did bump into one of the German lassies (Petra I think) who had been staying at Shenevall whilst I was high up on the ridge. I don't think she could have been one of the miserable ones cos she was really friendly and chatty and knew the area, and all the names really well, I was most impressed.
Thanks for sharing your experience, it is a very special area, I know it well and love it dearly.
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:9   Islands:47

Postby dogplodder » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 am

Just had time to read this through properly and it's amazing what you did in challenging conditions. You have great determination and I love your positive attitude. :clap: :D
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby basscadet » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:18 am

Oh thank you for your kind comments :) I've been wanting to do these for a year since I first saw them from An Teallach, so I was a bit motivated to get round.. I'm so glad I did, they are amazing whatever the weather..

OD - Nae point getting upset with the weather, you get whatever you get and thats it as far as I am concerned.. I just like being out, rain or shine makes no difference to me tbh :D

mrss - I'll be back with my tent and my Dad next year.. I'm looking forward to it already..

Keith - Aye petra was one of the cool ones :thumbup:
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby londonwalker » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:08 am

Epic sounding trip BC and great report. Never a dull moment on your outings BC :D
londonwalker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:89
Fionas:1   Donalds:18
Hewitts:48
Wainwrights:2   

Postby Bert Barnett » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:34 am

Great effort; I confess I would have given up in those weather conditions. Good advice given to you about eating properly. You should try and find food that gives both quick and slow energy and is attractive enough to consume when you are tired. Good food intake can make all the difference to your enjoyment. The bird; also look at a dipper.
Again, a valiant walk in those conditions. Well done!
Bert Barnett
Mountain Walker

Postby AlyBalyBee » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Man alive, not a chance I've have kept going in those conditions. Well done, and I think you deserve some webtogs vouchers to replace your holey waterproof trousers after that!
AlyBalyBee

Munros:50   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:5   
Islands:7

Postby simon-b » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:14 pm

A great achievement again, BC. It's a shame about the rude behaviour in the bothy, most Germans I meet are perfectly sociable. Keep these epic tales of your's coming.
simon-b
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:30
Fionas:7   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:155
Wainwrights:214   Islands:4

Postby pollyh33 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm

So very well done Seana, :clap:

This is truly an epic tale of an epic walk and in less than ideal conditions. :( :(

It will take a massive hike to top this one!!! What have you got planned???? :crazy: :crazy:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby basscadet » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Bert Barnett wrote:Great effort; I confess I would have given up in those weather conditions. Good advice given to you about eating properly. You should try and find food that gives both quick and slow energy and is attractive enough to consume when you are tired. Good food intake can make all the difference to your enjoyment. The bird; also look at a dipper.
Again, a valiant walk in those conditions. Well done!

Glad you managed to find my blog :)
Thanks for keeping me sane on Saturday night too :thumbup:
Oh and leave the lecturing for Dad.. I know I know...

pollyh33 wrote:It will take a massive hike to top this one!!! What have you got planned???? :crazy: :crazy:

I know what you mean, but it seems the weather has turned to Autumn setting, and the nights are drawing in.. so its the long wait, and much dreichitness until the fun snows get going proper again :D
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby Andrewpeters » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:29 am

Dipper?
Andrewpeters
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13

11 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland