walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

"Wee Guy" (6yrs) bags 5 in a day over in Perthshire!

"Wee Guy" (6yrs) bags 5 in a day over in Perthshire!

by davedanson28 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Munros included on this walk: An Stùc, Beinn Ghlas, Ben Lawers, Meall Garbh (Ben Lawers), Meall Greigh

Date walked: 25/08/2012

Time taken: 9.55 hours

Distance: 16.1 km

Ascent: 1588m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: "Wee Guy" (6yrs) bags 5 in a day over in Perthshire!

Postby davedanson28 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:24 pm

MG1976 wrote:Dave & Kyle,
Congratulations on a truly terrific achievement. A great report with some wonderful pictures.
These are reports I enjoy reading the most; nothing better than seeing young one's outside enjoying the hills.

I too, have a young one (Chase); soon to be 6 in November. I've had him up a few Munro's; last year and the one before that. Sheihallion at 3 was his 1st, but unfortunately this year has been a complete wash out. Work commitements, down here in York, and spending precious time with my Dad who sadly lost his fight with Cancer back in January, put my hillwalking plans to the very foot of the priority list for the last 18 months. I managed to do Ben More & Stob Binnein in February, but after that, the loss of my Dad really hit me.

Reading your report, and the many heartfelt comments of support and encouragement, have just reminded me how much i'm missing the hills, and the community spirit here on WH.

This is just a short note to say thanks; not just to You & Kyle for your report, but to all those who have commented (Some of who have given me similar replies to my own "Super-Chase" reports).
I think i've been living in a state of limbo, and reading this has possible given me the shake my Dad would no-doubt have given me months ago, had he still been with us.

Think it's about time I get the "Hill Bag" out the cupboard and let my own little one remind of the fun to be had, out on the hills.

Thanks again for posting, helped more than I can say.
Martin

Martin, firstly thanks for all the kind words regarding my own report! :D

I can not imagine what you have gone through over the last year, however I find it some what emotional that you have found something in reading about me and my boy Kyle on our wee adventures in the hills!

After looking at the "Super Chase" reports, which are great, well done! :clap: .......Get your boots polished and waxed and get back into them hills, you will only feel better for it! :wink:

I will be keeping my eyes open for your next walk report, who knows Kyle and Chase might even bag a couple together! :lol:

Anyway, keep in touch and keep on walking!
davedanson28
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:4   

Postby Woodsy Boy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Fantastic achievement for young Kyle. Good to see a youngster not stuck to a games console all the time.
Look forward to reading his adventures book in a few years , the new ,should i say it Bear Grylls
Woodsy Boy
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:20
Fionas:12   Donalds:8+3
Sub 2000:8   

Postby madrock289 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Great report and an absolutely awesome achievement. I thought I started early at 11! Granted I was on my own back then so the learning curve was steep. You should adopt the 'Sherpa' technique in order to tire him out. If that fails there's always powerade...

Keep on bagging!
madrock289
Stravaiging

Munros:280   Corbetts:173
Fionas:22   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:56
Wainwrights:124   

Postby davedanson28 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Woodsy Boy wrote:Fantastic achievement for young Kyle. Good to see a youngster not stuck to a games console all the time.
Look forward to reading his adventures book in a few years , the new ,should i say it Bear Grylls

Cheers Woodsy Boy, the games console, enuff said! :wink:
Would you laugh if I told you his hero is Bear Grylls :D he watches him all the time, he wants to be an adventurer.....standby :shock:
davedanson28
Munro compleatist

Postby davedanson28 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:38 pm

madrock289 wrote:Great report and an absolutely awesome achievement. I thought I started early at 11! Granted I was on my own back then so the learning curve was steep. You should adopt the 'Sherpa' technique in order to tire him out. If that fails there's always powerade...

Keep on bagging!

Thanks mate, the powerade is never far away! :D
I like the sound of the Sherpa technique...must give it a go! :lol:
davedanson28
Munro compleatist

Postby foofis44 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:01 am

That's a pretty long walk! I'm going up on Sunday but I'm 13... :lol:
foofis44
Mountaineer

Munros:3   Corbetts:2
Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Postby davedanson28 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:56 pm

foofis44 wrote:That's a pretty long walk! I'm going up on Sunday but I'm 13... :lol:

Go get them hills, good luck and stay safe! We look forward to hearing how you get on! :D
davedanson28
Munro compleatist

Postby Wilco de Jonge » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:01 am

He is a marvellous guy, your Kyle! :clap: By the way, I especially enjoyed the pic of Kyle and the dog!!
I still remember fondly doing the same with my then 7 yrs old son on Beinn Alligin (and keeping him on a leash because of his enthousiasm), back in august 1994. My first 2 Munros, and being some12 kg heavier then nowadays > next day saw me 'down and out' and son just asking for more, "please daddy, today" :o

1994 08 001 Beinn Alligin, Tom na Gruagaich op 922 meter.jpg
August 1994, Beinn Alligin, Tom na Gruagaich.
Wilco de Jonge
Munro compleatist

Munros:114   Corbetts:3
Donalds:1

Postby davedanson28 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:03 am

Wilco de Jonge wrote:He is a marvellous guy, your Kyle! :clap: By the way, I especially enjoyed the pic of Kyle and the dog!!
I still remember fondly doing the same with my then 7 yrs old son on Beinn Alligin (and keeping him on a leash because of his enthousiasm), back in august 1994. My first 2 Munros, and being some12 kg heavier then nowadays > next day saw me 'down and out' and son just asking for more, "please daddy, today" :o

1994 08 001 Beinn Alligin, Tom na Gruagaich op 922 meter.jpg

Thanks Wilco, it is a great experience! :D I hope your son is still climbing hills these days? Thanks again! 8)
davedanson28
Munro compleatist

26 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland