walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

"This is the Road to Hell"

"This is the Road to Hell"

by SusieThePensioner » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Route description: Loch Coille-Bharr and the Beavers

Date walked: 08/10/2012

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 5 km

Ascent: 50m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: "This is the Road to Hell"

Postby mountainstar » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:15 am

Nice new wheels there Susie :D
Lets hope you find lots of suitable tracks that you can venture further afield now....we all know you love the outdoors and photography.
mountainstar
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:221
Fionas:24   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:217
Wainwrights:214   Islands:24

Postby johnkaysleftleg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:20 am

I think you'll have to send Jeff ahead on scouting missions to see the lay of the land in future Susie. Well done for getting out there even if it did get uncomfortable for a while.
Isn't it great now autumn has arrived, Best time for pics by far :D
johnkaysleftleg
Hill Bagger

Munros:25   Corbetts:11
Fionas:11   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:8

Postby Merry-walker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:19 pm

You're an awesome woman :-D and you give me lots of hope from your wonderful report. Clearly you and your Jeff make a great team.

Very lovely photos ma dear. Big hugs...

xxx
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Munros:65   Corbetts:53
Fionas:12   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Postby MarilynMunro » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Congrats on the new wheels, I'm sure you ll have lots more adventures with them, and well done to you both for persevering, many people may have cut there losses. On my phone just now so not doing your pics justice, but I just know they ll be special. Hope the rest of your holiday was of a more relaxed nature
MarilynMunro
Mountaineer

Munros:43   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:4   

Postby dogplodder » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Well done both of you. That sounded like hard work! :clap:
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:26   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby PeteR » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Great report and pictures :D And a great effort by the both of you to keep on going :D

I know from MrsR the sort of pain you would have been going through. She suffers in much the same way by the sound of it and when we did Ben Vrackie earlier in the year it near enough finished her off and she was in a bad state by the end of it :shock:
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:122   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby SusieThePensioner » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Paula Hubens wrote:Cool new vehicle you've got! I hope the weather holds up north so you can get out and treat us to lots of reports and piccies!
Yes, here's hoping, thanks Paula :D

ChrisW wrote:Fantastic effort Susie, such a shame that it was so difficult for you around the loch but well done on making it, and well done to Jeff too
Thanks, Chris. Perhaps I should've started shouting out YO BEAR and distract myself from the pain :lol: :lol:

The Rodmiester wrote:Well done Susie! great effort , pity the track wasn't as wheelchair freindly as you would have hoped , but great pictures and report , pity mine are not up to your standard , and a lot of interest on the way. Getting out there that's what it's all about, Autumnal colours are something else, thank's for sharing

Thank you The Rodmiester and yes, it was great to be out :thumbup:

GillC wrote:Epic stuff susie....you are an absolute inspiration. (my mother moans about a sore leg if you ask her to walk to the shops lol) going to show her your reports,,,FANTASTIC, and Jeff,,your a gem.

Thank you Gill for those kind comments, may not tell Jeff he's a gem tho!! :lol:
SusieThePensioner

Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   

Postby scoob999 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Excellent report Susie :D
Your report has got me thinking "oooh dangerous" after reading a post a while ago about wheelchair access in the cairngorms, it might be an idea if paul could come up with a list, or a symble that could be put on walks that would show that it's wheelchair friendly ? just an idea !
Well done, and keep those pics coming, think you've got a talent there :D
scoob999
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Postby SusieThePensioner » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 pm

dogplodder wrote:Well done both of you. That sounded like hard work!

It was hard work but at least I got round the walk, by whatever means :lol: Thank you.

BlackPanther wrote:Pure inspiration, Susie!!! Well done! Your pictures actually taste of autumn

Thank you :D Although I obviously can't walk the mountains any more, I still love to read about the things that others have done and I hope your friend enjoys your stories :thumbup:

mountainstar wrote:Nice new wheels there Susie
Lets hope you find lots of suitable tracks that you can venture further afield now....we all know you love the outdoors and photography.
Thanks Alan. It was nice for Jeff and me to spend more time together rather than him off on a walk on his own :lol:

johnkaysleftleg wrote:I think you'll have to send Jeff ahead on scouting missions to see the lay of the land in future Susie. Well done for getting out there even if it did get uncomfortable for a while.
Isn't it great now autumn has arrived, Best time for pics by far
Thank you, John. When the path seemed never ending Jeff did go off scouting but, kept coming back saying there was no end in sight yet :lol: :lol:

Merry-walker wrote:You're an awesome woman and you give me lots of hope from your wonderful report. Clearly you and your Jeff make a great team.

Very lovely photos ma dear. Big hugs...

xxx
Thank you Jac and big hugs to you xxx

MarilynMunro wrote:Congrats on the new wheels, I'm sure you ll have lots more adventures with them, and well done to you both for persevering, many people may have cut there losses. On my phone just now so not doing your pics justice, but I just know they ll be special. Hope the rest of your holiday was of a more relaxed nature
Jim, thank you :D As for a more relaxed holiday, wait til you read my next report :lol:

PeteR wrote:Great report and pictures And a great effort by the both of you to keep on going

I know from MrsR the sort of pain you would have been going through. She suffers in much the same way by the sound of it and when we did Ben Vrackie earlier in the year it near enough finished her off and she was in a bad state by the end of it
Thanks Pete. I hope, on reflection, MrsR feels that the pain and effort have been worth it? I know I usually do, in the end :roll:
SusieThePensioner

Postby pigeon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Well done Suzie :clap: Great pics also :thumbup:
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:130
Fionas:41   Donalds:40+7
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   Islands:2
Walk wish-list

Postby Meatball » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Cracking report and amazing pictures!
I bet it felt good to get back out!
No pictures of the author?
Meatball

Munros:63   Corbetts:50
Fionas:8   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   

Postby Phooooey » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm going to have to change my tune ... :lol: . "Road to Hell" has been used on a few of my rambles (especially Causey Pike in a blizzard) but that seems rather petty after your 5km. Truly inspirational, even more so that the Paralympics, as I feel like I've got to know you a little through our little blogs.
Hope you find some easier paths in future, but I can tell that you and Jeff will probably be in as much hot water in a couple of weeks time again. :wink:
Photos are stunning as ever !!
Phooooey

Hewitts:111
Wainwrights:214   

Postby SusieThePensioner » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:17 pm

pigeon wrote:Well done Suzie Great pics also
Thank you :D

scoob999 wrote:Excellent report Susie
Your report has got me thinking "oooh dangerous" after reading a post a while ago about wheelchair access in the cairngorms, it might be an idea if paul could come up with a list, or a symble that could be put on walks that would show that it's wheelchair friendly ? just an idea !
Well done, and keep those pics coming, think you've got a talent there
Thanks Scoob :D
I suppose there aren't many people looking on this site who want wheelchair-friendly paths :? :lol:

Meatball wrote:Cracking report and amazing pictures!
I bet it felt good to get back out!
No pictures of the author?
Thank you and yes, great to be out :D You want pictures of me :shock: :shock: Maybe in the next report otherwise, you'll have to resort to my pics on FB :lol: :lol:

Phooooey wrote:I'm going to have to change my tune ...
Craig, if thats your tune as well, we've obviously got good taste! :lol:
Phooooey wrote:Photos are stunning as ever !!
Thank you :D
SusieThePensioner

Postby Johnny Corbett » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Lovely photos and that wheelchair looks the business, well worth the money i bet if it gets you out more. My youngest is disabled so i can relate to you. :)
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby L-Hiking » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Susie

I take my hat off to you both and echo the words of GLW that we all take things for granted in this world of ours.

Those Autumn colours are superb ..not really a road to hell :clap: :clap: :clap:
L-Hiking
Mountaineer

Munros:78   Corbetts:8
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   

12 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland