walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

My week Off - Sun, Snow and Wind. part 1

My week Off - Sun, Snow and Wind. part 1

Postby tall-story » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Route description: Beinn Stacath, from Glen Buckie

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Stacath

Date walked: 02/12/2012

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 13.4 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well this is the start of a long awaited week off work :wink: and as the Munros that I have still to do are a bit of drive away or require weekends away, I thought it was time I got more into the Corbetts as I do hope to complete them also :roll: So the week had a fairly good forecast for what I had planned and it started off at Ballimore Farm near Balquidder. Rather than just go straight up and back down the same route, I decided to do a loop going North from the summit toward Ceann na Baintighearna and skirting North East then a wee turn South East to get me back to the cattle sheds at the head of the Calair Burn then back on to the path on the South side of the Calair back to Ballimore
Attachments
Beinn Stacath (4).JPG
Crossing the Allt a` Ghlinne Dhuibh and Beinn Stacath
Beinn Stacath (14).JPG
Ben Vane Ben Ledi and Ben A`an
Beinn Stacath (17).JPG
Fern and Ben Vane
Beinn Stacath (21).JPG
Summit with Ben More and Stob Binnein
Beinn Stacath (34).JPG
Last look at the summit from the path to Bealach Driseach on the way to Allt Fathan Glinne
Beinn Stacath (37).JPG
Looking down loch Voil towards Balquidder with Meall an t-Seallaidh and Creag Mac Ranaich in veiw
Beinn Stacath (38).JPG
Spot the Bullfinches

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

tall-story
Walker

Munros:160   Corbetts:222
Fionas:43   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:21
Wainwrights:21   

Re: My week Off - Sun, Snow and Wind. part 1

Postby wilkiemurray » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:35 pm

looks like an amazing day - pictures are wesome :clap: :clap: :clap:
wilkiemurray

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland