walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CRAZY DAY ON BEN LUI

CRAZY DAY ON BEN LUI

Postby nbrannigan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lui

Date walked: 18/12/2012

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 8 km

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

For may 13th birthday I wanted to do ben lui, but it was not really a fun day out. :roll:
We parcked in the car park and walked a small distance to the river. Here me and my family crossed the frezzing cold water with out much trouble. We then reached the forest, i fell over a lot of times tripping on tree routes untill i fell into a large mud filled hole. :(
After being soacked and cut with mud filled boats we started the true asscent to the summit. After some strugling we reached the top. i was hoping for a good view becuase it had been a cleer day but when we got there it was too misty to see a thing.
We wanted to go on to Beinn a'Cheibh but took a wrong turn and ended up in some misty valley near ben Oss. We were totaly lost and it was starting to rain which was adding to the dense mist, i had no idea where i was even when using a map and compass :shock: . but after half an hour we tracked back to the summit of ben Lui and headed back the way we came.
Then the weather changed and we were batered with wind and rain all the way back to the river, which we just ran through because the rain had turned into a storm.
Ah well i can't say it wasn't one of most interesting "birthday presents" ever. :lol:

Neil brannigan
aged 13
52 munro. :)

P.S put in your own expiriances if you want. :D
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by nbrannigan on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nbrannigan
Stravaiging

Munros:265   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Re: CRAZZY DAY ON BEN LUI

Postby Hbrannigan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 am

Great walk report :D it will come in handy when i dod the hill.
Sounds like you had a hard time and no view from the top :(
Hbrannigan
Mountain Walker

Munros:238   Corbetts:7
Fionas:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:7   

Postby morag1 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 am

Does sound a bit of a crazy day but well done on reaching the summit in those conditions :clap:
morag1

Postby SAVAGEALICE » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

that swamp through the forest is horrible :( ...bogfest
Enjoyed your report.
Here's hoping your next day on the hills is better! :D
SAVAGEALICE

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:81   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:46   Hewitts:22
Wainwrights:33   Islands:21

Postby Graeme D » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Doesn't like like such a bad way to spend a 13th birthday if you ask me young man! Well done! :clap:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland