walkhighlands

Have you lost or found some gear when out in the hills?

Found - spectacles on Ben Wyvis

Found - spectacles on Ben Wyvis

Postby colins » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:05 pm

A pair of varifocal(?) spectacles with a gold chain were found on the summit plateau of Ben Wyvis about 2pm on Saturday 15th September 2012. They were left with the proprietor of the Aultguish Inn, who said she would hand them into the police station in Dingwall.
colins
Munro compleatist

Re: Found - spectacles on Ben Wyvis

Postby fionagray » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Hello
Fiona Gray here.
I think that you found my glasses on Ben Wyvis, which I climbed that same Saturday-15 September 2012
I had put them in the front pocket of my camera case and couldn't understand why they weren't there when I got back to the car. It took me a while to realise that there was a hole in the pocket and that they must have fallen out on the hill. By then I was on my way back to East Lothian and had to give them up for lost
I have just registered with Walkhighlands today and was having a casual browse through the Forum when I saw the lost and found section. I never for a moment thought that my glasses would be on there.
Thank you so much for finding them, bringing them off the hill and leaving them with the lady at the Aultguish Inn.
I have just phoned there and left a message. and am hopeful of being reunited with them.
Thanks again
Fiona Gray
fionagray
Mountaineer

Re: Found - spectacles on Ben Wyvis

Postby neilsang8 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi Fiona,

Colin is not an active user on Walk Highlands and registered to post about the found glasses. I was with him when he found the glasses and will see him tonight, so will pass on the good news.

He seems to have a magic touch when it comes to lost items. He can find items which people have dropped in boulder fields or have blown away from the top of summits in mist. When Colin lost his glasses he managed to get them back from a layby in the middle of nowhere without any difficulty at all.

Regards

Neil
neilsang8
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Lost and Found