walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Canada - Plain of 6 glaciers - at last!!

Canada - Plain of 6 glaciers - at last!!

by ChrisW » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Date walked: 19/12/2012

Time taken: 4

Distance: 15.9 km

Ascent: 936m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Canada - Plain of 6 glaciers - at last!!

Postby ChrisW » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 am

PeteR wrote:Another classic ChrisW report and pictures from Canada :D Looks so much better than the wind and rain we're enjoying here in Scotland just now :lol: Looking forward to more Canadian adventures in 2013 :D

Thanks Pete, I hate the rain with a passion :evil: so I'm glad I'm not in the UK this year....it really has been bloody awful, I hope 2013 brings you much better weather and fine wanderings :wink:
SusieThePensioner wrote:A wonderful walk to finish the year off :D Such fantastic photos as well, as usual, Chris :thumbup: It's an amazing walk up to the tearoom; even in July when we went there several years ago :D
I hope you've had a great Christmas in the HOT SUN :lol: And a Happy New Year to you and your family.
So looking forward to more of the same from you in 2013; well, not anymore falls or close encounters of the bear kind :lol: :lol:

Thanks Susie, Happy New Year to you too, hope you have a real cracker of a year through 2013 :thumbup: Florida is certainly a change from the freezing cold of Canada, but to be perfectly honest I prefer the freezing cold of Canada long term....the hot sun is OK for a couple of weeks :wink:
Hopefully there'll be plenty more form me in 2013 including a return to the 'plain of 6' at some point :D
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby jonny616 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:10 pm

Magic Chris. happy new year to you & the family :clap:
jonny616
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:8   Islands:8

Postby ChrisW » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 pm

jonny616 wrote:Magic Chris. happy new year to you & the family :clap:

Cheers Jonny, same to you mate - hope 2013 brings you all the good stuff :wink:
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby Border Reiver » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:31 pm

What a beautiful part of the world! Truly stunning views all round. We never got past the chateau at Lake Louise (in August 1978), but the view kind of makes you want to go further. It must have been a spectacular drive to get there as well.
Border Reiver
Wanderer

Munros:202   Corbetts:7
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:62
Wainwrights:69   Islands:33

Postby garyhortop » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Utterly stunning Chris, the walk just looks amazing and the photo's of the frozen waterfalls are just outstanding!! I was amazed to see the Whiskey Jacks too....thought it might be too cold for them but clearly a lot tougher than they look!! Keep them coming! :clap: :D :D :D
garyhortop
Mountaineer

Munros:3   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:34
Wainwrights:14   

Postby ChrisW » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:19 pm

Border Reiver wrote:What a beautiful part of the world! Truly stunning views all round. We never got past the chateau at Lake Louise (in August 1978), but the view kind of makes you want to go further. It must have been a spectacular drive to get there as well.

Cheers BR, the drive to Lake Louise is pretty nice, but the drive beyond it to Jasper along the Icefields Parkway is absolutely spectacular, this is an incredible country :D
garyhortop wrote:Utterly stunning Chris, the walk just looks amazing and the photo's of the frozen waterfalls are just outstanding!! I was amazed to see the Whiskey Jacks too....thought it might be too cold for them but clearly a lot tougher than they look!! Keep them coming! :clap: :D :D :D

Thanks Gary, those frozen waterfalls really made this hike as the weather closed in on any glacier sightings, still a real beauty though. The whiskey jacks are ever present in winter which really surprised me when I first came here, now I just really look forward to having them for company :D I think I'll return to the Plain of 6 with the Mrs in the summer and see if we can get a look at those views :D
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby coachmacca » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:17 pm

WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
coachmacca
Stravaiging

Munros:39   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   

Postby ChrisW » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:17 pm

coachmacca wrote:WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cheers CM.....I felt exactly the same about this one :D
ChrisW
Rambler

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland