walkhighlands

Long-running quiz threads, photo competitions and post-a-photo threads. Please keep them here to keep the General Discussion board tidy.

Photo Competition Comments

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby Tinto63 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:15 am

Coachmacca - I don't think you realise just how good your picture is.
Tinto63
Wanderer

Munros:129   Corbetts:46
Fionas:38   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:30   

Postby Lenore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 am

Tinto63 wrote:Coachmacca - I don't think you realise just how good your picture is.

I second that!
Lenore
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby RicKamila » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:11 am

I think everyones photos are stunning this time around. Going to be hard to choose a top 3 again.
RicKamila
Mountaineer

Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:16   

Postby Lenore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 am

morag1 wrote:Johnkaysleftleg / Xpfloyd - thanks for your comments guys but I know when I'm beaten, none of my photos even come close to those already entered so i am just going to withdraw :(

Hi morag1! I know there's not much chance us mere mortals would win against some of the stunning photos already uploaded :wink: Still, I keep entering stubbornly anyway, and I don't even have pictures of hills (still 8 weeks till my return to the Highlands...). Not because I think I've got a shot at winning, but because I'm proud of that particular picture and I want to share it.

I for one enjoy this competition so much because the pictures represent something special to those who entered them; they've gone through the trouble of selecting one out of all the pictures they took that month. I love seeing them, and I want to be part of this, regardless of the likelihood of winning. Not saying you need to enter; of course you make up your own mind :wink: But just wanted to point out that there are lotsa good reasons to do so :D
Lenore
Mountaineer

Postby pgrizz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 am

morag1 wrote:I had a nice photo all ready for this month's comp, but after seeing the entries so far I'm wondering what's the point? I cant possibly compete with Buchaille Etive Mor. Still, I suppose someone has to make up the ground troops :(

If everyone thought like this then no one would enter because they would all think someone else'es picture would beat theirs.
I know I will get few votes because no snow, not sunnset/rise, Scotland or "real" mountains but I still enter as it gives others a view very few on this site will ever see.
Just post your picture!
pgrizz
Mountain Walker

Munros:59   Corbetts:15
Fionas:7   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:195
Wainwrights:143   

Postby morag1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 am

Hi Lenore, thanks for your comments - I agree with them entirely and have entered a photo every single month the competition has run, not that I expect to win but because its a bit of fun.

Truth be told Im very much a point and shoot person and just feel embarassed entering my photos only to have them appear alongside some of the stunning shots that we have all been privileged to enjoy.

Ok Ok - I will enter my photo but you will have to wait for a few days as Im up to my eyes in things just now, should get back on line next week sometime.

Please, nobody laugh when you see it :(
morag1

Postby Lenore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 am

morag1 wrote:Please, nobody laugh when you see it :(

I wouldn't dare! :wink: Glad you're entering! :D I will, too, but am not sure which one to go for yet.
Lenore
Mountaineer

Postby RicKamila » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 am

morag1 wrote:Hi Lenore, thanks for your comments - I agree with them entirely and have entered a photo every single month the competition has run, not that I expect to win but because its a bit of fun.

Truth be told Im very much a point and shoot person and just feel embarassed entering my photos only to have them appear alongside some of the stunning shots that we have all been privileged to enjoy.

Ok Ok - I will enter my photo but you will have to wait for a few days as Im up to my eyes in things just now, should get back on line next week sometime.

Please, nobody laugh when you see it :(

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I bet its better than you think Mo and theres nothing wrong with point and shoot. I used to be that and entered knowing I couldnt win. I still enter with a better camera knowing I can't win :lol:
RicKamila
Mountaineer

Postby RicKamila » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Lenore - I love your photo!!
RicKamila
Mountaineer

Postby Lenore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:26 pm

RicKamila wrote:Lenore - I love your photo!!

:D Thank you Rick!
Lenore
Mountaineer

Postby xpfloyd » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Johnkay ive said it before and ill say it again, love that seaham shot!
xpfloyd
Munro compleatist

Munros:105   

Postby RicKamila » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Lenore wrote:Stretching the 'outdoor nature' theme a bit here perhaps, as this one's taken from the window of a Boeing 737 on February 17. Location: somewhere over Central Europe, flying west towards the sunset. Height: 10,000 km :wink:

I think you mean 10,000 feet right? :D
RicKamila
Mountaineer

Postby Lenore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm

RicKamila wrote:
Lenore wrote:Stretching the 'outdoor nature' theme a bit here perhaps, as this one's taken from the window of a Boeing 737 on February 17. Location: somewhere over Central Europe, flying west towards the sunset. Height: 10,000 km :wink:

Oh oops, meters I mean! 10 km. Otherwise I think I would have been flying to the moon! :D
Lenore
Mountaineer

Postby RicKamila » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:59 pm

Lenore wrote:
RicKamila wrote:

Oh oops, meters I mean! 10 km. Otherwise I think I would have been flying to the moon! :D

Now that would be a photo!!
RicKamila
Mountaineer

Postby coachmacca » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Lenore again its a great shot , for me the image is king , and if it stops you to say wow then enter it whether its a perfectly framed shot of beauty or a instant moment of never to see again!

Thanks folks re mine , The other shots in this comp are always astounding and if Im honest I just like seeing my favourite shot surrounded by all the amazing ones :D

Gonna be another month of amazing pics I see! Bring it on!
coachmacca
Stravaiging

Munros:39   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Photo threads, comps and quizzes