walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Creag Meagaidh high circuit

Creag Meagaidh high circuit

Postby PGCAlmeida » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Route description: Creag Meagaidh circuit

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Liath (Creag Meagaidh), Creag Meagaidh, Stob Poite Coire Àrdair

Date walked: 20/05/2008

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 21 km

Ascent: 1080m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hi All,

This is a report of a walk done in May 2008, but since I registered in WH yesterday I think I may be able to get away with the abuse of reporting my walks almost 5 years later. It is also my first report and English isn't my mother language, so please bear with me!

We started off at the Aberarder car park aiming for a gentle stroll to Lochan a'Coire. We had sore legs from the Cairngorm circuit we've done a couple of days before and thought that it would be nice to relax before tackling Buchaille Etive Mòr, which was planned for the day after. When we saw the cliffs surrounding Corie Ardair, how could we resist?

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Up towards the first Munro of the day we went: Carn Liath. I was kept rather busy with the ascent so that the first photo I took was already from the summit.

Quite a menacing sky, wasn't it? As the forecast was in our favour and the views astonishing, we kept going.

View down to Coire Ardair:

The mountain seemed to be all to ourselves.

Looking back:

...and forth:

Lochan Coire Chollie-rais, one of the highlights of the walk:

And before getting down, one las shot of Coire Ardair:

I haven't done many walks in Scotland, but this one was one of my favourites thus far. Thanks for reading. :)
PGCAlmeida
Munro compleatist

Re: Creag Meagaidh high circuit

Postby The Rodmiester » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi Pedro, some nice photographs you have there, what make of camera do you use, and have you touched them up in any way? very sharp. Look forward to seeing your Torridon ones! :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Re: Creag Meagaidh high circuit

Postby PGCAlmeida » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi Rodmiester, thanks for the reply. Back then I used a Canon 350D with a Canon EF-S 10-22mm (that's where the sharpness comes from) and a crappy Sigma 70-300mm. I've done some adjustments in Photoshop, but nothing much (essentially contrast and color balance).

For Torridon in a few days I'll be using more serious gear (Canon 5D2 plus a couple L lenses), but gear never made the photographer, did it? I'll post reports as soon as I'm able. :D
PGCAlmeida
Munro compleatist

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland