walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Corserine & The Rhinns of Kells

Corserine & The Rhinns of Kells

Postby Johnny Corbett » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:29 am

Corbetts included on this walk: Corserine

Donalds included on this walk: Carlin's Cairn, Corserine, Meikle Millyea, Milldown

Date walked: 27/04/2013

Time taken: 5 hours

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Took the Walkhighlands route and added on Carlins Cairn which took an extra 40 mins. Track from the car park then a path up the Falk Burn before coming out of the trees. The route is waymarked to this point for hillwalkers and also mentions a stile over the deer fence but i didn't see one so climbed the fence before making my way over to Corserines north east ridge and a path to the summit. 20mins over to Carlins Cairn and 20 mins back to Corserine and followed the ridge to Milldown & Meikle Millyea. I stopped at Millfire for lunch as there was 2 "seats" at the summit. From Meikle Millyea i went down the north east ridge to pick up the track back to the start.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

D&G 003.JPG
Route through the trees

D&G 004.JPG
Milldown & Meikle Millyea

D&G 005.JPG
Loch Dee

D&G 006.JPG
Merrick

D&G 007.JPG
Carlins Cairn

D&G 009.JPG
Carlins Cairn

D&G 010.JPG
Summit

D&G 011.JPG
3 more Donalds from Carlins Cairn

D&G 012.JPG
Cairnsmore of Carsphairn

D&G 013.JPG
View to Arran

D&G 014.JPG
Corserine

D&G 015.JPG
Rhinns of Kells

D&G 016.JPG
Loch Dungeon

D&G 017.JPG
Milldown & Meikle

D&G 018.JPG
My lunch spot

D&G 019.JPG
Galloway Hills

D&G 020.JPG
Corserine

D&G 023.JPG
Corserine

D&G 024.JPG
Meikle summit

D&G 025.JPG
Route down
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Re: Corserine & The Rhinns of Kells

Postby morag1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:02 pm

Really nice photos and TR of the Borders area which I always think is underestimated, it looks lovely, would love to spend more time down there :D
morag1

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland