walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lendrick Hill, a really slippy descent after rain

Lendrick Hill, a really slippy descent after rain

Postby The Rodmiester » Sun May 05, 2013 8:51 am

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Lendrick Hill

Date walked: 04/05/2013

Time taken: 0.8 hours

Distance: 3.84 km

Ascent: 224m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Leave the car at 1230hrs at the carpark at the end of the Lendrick Hill track on the B934, plenty of space available, guess I'm the only one here today.
25.JPG
Large gate with a small access gate adjacent for walkers
26.JPG
Track heads off North East then doubles back and returns quite quickly and not long after that on your right is a firebreak in the woods
27.JPG
Sign and also a small pile of stones identify the access to Lendrick Hill
28.JPG
Looking back down the firebreak. A word of warning to those who are ANTI WALKING POLES, going up on a day such as today after a wet and long winter and also a day of heavy rain the underfoot conditions are very slippy. Coming down worse so, I slipped many many times but saved myself with having walking poles, you have been warned. I challenge anyone without poles to attempt this under similar conditions as today to attempt this, maybe better wear your very old walking trousers because you will be on your backside many times! In the Summer probably very nice. I note the Johnny Corbett had a picnic at the flatter section.
29.JPG
First sign of the cairn and trig point, once through the trees

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Attachments
30.JPG
Cairn from trig point. Great wee hill but going up and especially the firebreak, watch out in the wet!
Last edited by The Rodmiester on Wed May 14, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Re: Lendrick Hill, a really slippy descent after rain

Postby Stuart Angus » Sun May 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm not a fan of poles but having spent much of the descent of Ben Challum on my "erse", my attitude may be changing :lol: This looks a nice we walk :thumbup:
Stuart Angus

Munros:81   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:4   

Postby Johnny Corbett » Sun May 05, 2013 1:55 pm

A nice wee walk Rod. I had a nice meal on the summit when i did this one. Glad you posted as just noticed i hadn't logged Kim as climbing this one, better get it done. :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby The Rodmiester » Sun May 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Stuart Angus wrote:I'm not a fan of poles but having spent much of the descent of Ben Challum on my "erse", my attitude may be changing :lol: This looks a nice we walk :thumbup:

It's a wee cracker Stuart, save it for a dry day though, up and down within the hour :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Postby The Rodmiester » Sun May 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:A nice wee walk Rod. I had a nice meal on the summit when i did this one. Glad you posted as just noticed i hadn't logged Kim as climbing this one, better get it done. :D

I know you did, I followed your route, it was really slippy but a wee cracker of a hill for an evening stroll. Not catching you up yet JC :lol:
The Rodmiester
Walker

Postby gmr82 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:09 am

Hi Rodmiester

Saw your reply on my Ochil Donalds thread, glad that you are liking this area. I had planned to do this after the two from Glendevon but overran timewise by 45 mins due to deep snow, so had to give this a miss that day which was a pain. Still it'll always be there for another day! Not long now till you make it to the Pentland Subs?
gmr82
Mountain Walker

Munros:27   Corbetts:7
Fionas:21   Donalds:51
Sub 2000:39   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:3   

Postby hills » Mon May 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Nice walk this...Thanks for the report. :D
hills
Hill Bagger

Munros:255   Corbetts:170
Fionas:172   Donalds:88
Sub 2000:191   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:32   Islands:34

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland