walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

troutbeck mad dash

troutbeck mad dash

Postby d gwynn » Thu May 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Sallows, Sour Howes, Troutbeck Tongue, Wansfell

Date walked: 07/05/2013

Time taken: 5

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 906m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was a mad dash!Train up from london at 0700 hrs with a change or two, got into windermere at 1100 hrs. Then a taxi to the start, we had a six hour window to complete the walk we had set befor ourselfs. This was also to include some fish and chips and a pint in the lake district!1815 train back down to london and back indoors by 2245hrs, sunburnt and travel weary. The walk was full of steep short ascents but nothing to hard all the tops are typical low lakeland tops but there are some quite amazing views over windermere and beyond for so little amount of effort compared to the bigger fells. As i said we all came back sunburnt, so if you ordered the weather for a crazy mad dash halfway up the country and back this is what you would get, all in all this was a well spent 100 quid just for the views and to get us in the fells and out of the smoke for a day :D
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

d gwynn
Munro compleatist

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:114
Wainwrights:200   

Re: troutbeck mad dash

Postby Circles » Mon May 20, 2013 12:18 pm

that's awesome!...I tried to do troutbeck, sour howes and sallows a month ago but it was so miserable, cold and windy that i bailed after troutbeck tongue...what a great trip...I'm hoping to something similar but staying the night at Dungeon Ghyll
Circles
Hill Bagger

Munros:6   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:90   

Postby d gwynn » Wed May 22, 2013 4:04 pm

thanks for that, some days you get the weather some days you don`t. we were in langdale last year great mountains and a great spot to lose yourself from the rat race!! I do have a walk report ,posted, plus piccys if you need any info
d gwynn
Munro compleatist

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:114
Wainwrights:200   

Postby Circles » Thu May 23, 2013 6:59 am

Can you add the link here please?
Circles
Hill Bagger

Munros:6   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:90   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland