walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Where's da bog?

Where's da bog?

Postby pollyh33 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Route description: Creag Mhòr and Beinn Heasgarnich

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Heasgarnich, Creag Mhòr (Glen Lochay)

Date walked: 19/05/2013

Time taken: 9 hours

Distance: 24 km

Ascent: 1436m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Two fantastic hills with a terrible reputation :(

No miserable faces, bogs or clagged in summits for us :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:

A long long walk in and out but all very enjoyable when you have excellent company. One special pal who will happily lead the way and another who will happily lug a mahooooosive bag of goodies up the hill keeping our sugar levels topped rather nicely- love you both XXX

Added bonus was meeting Kevin Woods on Heasgarnich as he completes his charity munro round, and then talked him into accepting some food and drink at Bridge of Lochay Inn. :D
a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a6.jpg
a7.jpg
a8.jpg
a9.jpg
a10.jpg
a11.jpg
a12.jpg
a13.jpg
a14.jpg
a15.jpg
h1.jpg
h2.jpg
h3.jpg
h4.jpg
h5.jpg
h6.jpg
h7.jpg
h8.jpg
h9.jpg
Attachments
a16.jpg
a5.jpg
Last edited by pollyh33 on Thu May 30, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Where's da bog?

Postby gammy leg walker » Sun May 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Da bogs are in da glen ask the gangsta jonny.
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby pigeon » Sun May 19, 2013 10:39 pm

Nice one Polly was that today?Clagged in on the Lithgi high street so looks like you lot done no bad :wink: A wee boost for Kevin as well, :thumbup:
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:128
Fionas:41   Donalds:40+7
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   Islands:2
Walk wish-list

Postby ScottishLeaf » Sun May 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Were there any sheep harmed in the making of this report? lol :lol:

Looks like a grand day out, nice to see what the views were! :)
Was just about dark when we were on Creag Mhor and near whiteout on Heasgarnich. :shock:
ScottishLeaf
Hill Bagger

Munros:114   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:11

Postby Bod » Sun May 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Nice one Polly, looks like you all had a great day out :D :D :D
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:67
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:51   Islands:25

Postby rocket-ron » Sun May 19, 2013 11:39 pm

photo thief strikes again :lol:

thanks guys. you could off went else where for hills. but you decided to help me complete
rocket-ron
Mountaineer

Munros:222   Corbetts:94
Fionas:22   
Sub 2000:15   

Postby pebbles-2 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:13 am

Nice photos there Polly. And its always handy to have a willing Sherpa along for a walk. Charlie seemed to think so too .. his look of 'well hurry up with the goodies, I didn't come all this way for nothing' is classic dog :-)
Notable headstand by Mr RR. Perhaps a mass h/s on Wyvis when he compleats would be a record breaker. :-)
pebbles-2

Postby SusieThePensioner » Mon May 20, 2013 11:47 am

Looked like an excellent day out! Some great photos :thumbup:
Nice to see you've not quite lost the art of doing a report :wink: :lol: :lol: xx
SusieThePensioner

Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   

Postby dogplodder » Mon May 20, 2013 11:52 am

Good to see the happy faces, blue sky and sun - which is more than we had in Inverness yesterday! :wink:

You're looking well P - studies going well? :D
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby PeteR » Mon May 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Some nice photos of these two polly :D I saw hee-haw when I was there, so always good to see what the views are like.

I remember that saddle between the two hills though :shock: A right bogfest when I did them a few years back....and then followed by the climb onto Heasgarnich :o
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:121   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby Johnny Corbett » Mon May 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Nice one, two good hills best saved for a good day. :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby pollyh33 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Ooops this report was supposed to have been posted in my wee blog page- eejit! :D

Apologies for random selection of everyones' photos but I'm sure you get the gist of how the route looked.

It was really fantastic to be out on such a cracking day. As you could see the place was teeming with all sorts of flora and fauna, unfortunately there were a few casualties along the way. There was a dead sheep in the river and one lodged between two rocks on the hillside- we nearly sat on it when we stopped for elevenses :shock: And in one of the last photos you'll see three dead deer- we reckoned that they must have been caught in an avalanche for them all to be in such close proximity :( :(

But it wasn't all doom and gloom. There were lots of wee lambs gamboling about, one of which thought Charlie Mountain Dog was its mum and came within a few centimetres of being lunch- luckily Ron being a responsible dog owner had Charlie on his lead until we were well away for livestock. :D

We were also treated to a very close encounter with an eagle but Mark did that shouty, pointy thing and it was only a distant memory by the time we got our cameras out. To be fair I do the same thing when anyone produces food so I can't complain :crazy: :crazy:

Other examples of new life could be found on the path.
taddies.JPG
Here's hoping they all grow up to be happy wee frogs and not slimy warty old toads!

And last but not least a gorgeous ginger calf.
moo.JPG

No way anyone will call her a stupid cow :wink:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:49 pm

gammy leg walker wrote:Da bogs are in da glen ask the gangsta jonny.

I think you must have photoshopped that pic of Jonny- everything was firm to the touch :wink:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:Nice one, two good hills best saved for a good day. :D

Too right JC - anything less than a perfect day would have been awful :(
PeteR wrote:Some nice photos of these two polly :D I saw hee-haw when I was there, so always good to see what the views are like.

I remember that saddle between the two hills though :shock: A right bogfest when I did them a few years back....and then followed by the climb onto Heasgarnich :o

Thanks Peter, yeah we didn't appreciate how fab Creag Mhor looked until we were on Heasgarnich :D
dogplodder wrote:Good to see the happy faces, blue sky and sun - which is more than we had in Inverness yesterday! :wink:

You're looking well P - studies going well? :D

Cheers Kathleen, yeah happy faces all round especially when Mark produced more and more goodies from his bag. Studies are not much fun at all. The course has been a bit of a disappointment, e.g. the slave trade, which to me would be an incredibly evocative subject, has been mostly about economics :( Just going to collect my points from this year and store them away for study later on.
SusieThePensioner wrote:Looked like an excellent day out! Some great photos :thumbup:
Nice to see you've not quite lost the art of doing a report :wink: :lol: :lol: xx

Ha ha Susie- I forgot to tick the right box :crazy:
pebbles-2 wrote:Nice photos there Polly. And its always handy to have a willing Sherpa along for a walk. Charlie seemed to think so too .. his look of 'well hurry up with the goodies, I didn't come all this way for nothing' is classic dog :-)
Notable headstand by Mr RR. Perhaps a mass h/s on Wyvis when he compleats would be a record breaker. :-)

Cheers Pebbles, would I be right in thinking you'll be joining us for some madness on Wyvis? I hope so :D xx
rocket-ron wrote:photo thief strikes again :lol:

thanks guys. you could off went else where for hills. but you decided to help me complete

Lucky for you it was good weather or you would have been getting a hard time all day! Oooops that's right you did anyway!
Bod wrote:Nice one Polly, looks like you all had a great day out :D :D :D

Cheers Bod, do you and Valerie still have these beasties to do?
ScottishLeaf wrote:Were there any sheep harmed in the making of this report? lol :lol:

Looks like a grand day out, nice to see what the views were! :)
Was just about dark when we were on Creag Mhor and near whiteout on Heasgarnich. :shock:

Cheers Bryan, yeah you did have a pretty grim time of it but your report was most helpful and quoted :thumbup:
pigeon wrote:Nice one Polly was that today?Clagged in on the Lithgi high street so looks like you lot done no bad :wink: A wee boost for Kevin as well, :thumbup:

Thanks Pigeon, that was Friday we were there- very very lucky with the weather. And yes cracking to bump into Kevin- we had been talking about him ten minutes earlier wondering how he was getting on and then as if by magic he appeared! Surreal! :lol: :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Jock McJock » Mon May 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Nice wee accidental report Polly :lol: I'll need to restock the goody bag before our next walk, cause you ate the lot!!! :lol: I'd like to say this was a great walk but it really isn't :lol: I did have a great day though with you and Ron and a good laugh along the way. That's about the only thing that made these two bearable, and the decent weather of course. Great meeting Kevin along the way too. Glenshee 6 next?? :D
Jock McJock
Mountain Walker

Munros:173   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Next

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland