walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lui 4

Ben Lui 4

Postby hutchy1 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:56 pm

Date walked: 24/05/2013

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 27 km

Ascent: 1750m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

With the weather forecast looking good i decided to head up to Scotland a day earlier than planned from, i left Cumbria at 8pm arriving at Dalrigh at 11.30 for 2 days Munro bagging around Tyndrum and Crainlarich i decided on the ben Lui 4 for the first day. I resisted a couple of night caps to get my head down after a long day i was up later than planned but me and my mate finally ready for the off at 9.15
002.JPG
after reading several useful reports on this site i decided to avoid the bogs and headed up to Connish and cross the bridge over the river Connish
004.JPG
i took a straightline south to the ridge
007.JPG
viws over to Meall Odhar
009.JPG
from here its a straight forward walk along the broad ridge to the summit of Beinn Dubhchraig
015.JPG
finally got to know how the timer works on the camera
014.JPG
after a short decent down to Bealach Buidhe for a refuel and some coffee it was a short steep pull onto Ben Oss
017.JPG
view back to Beinn Dubhchraig
019.JPG
020.JPG
Ben Lui
021.JPG
me on the summit of Ben Oss
from here i decended to the Bealach and up the path to Ben Lui for about a 100 meters then traversed round the side to the Bealach between Lui/chleibh for an easy accent of Beinn Chleibh
023.JPG
028.JPG
i must admit i was tempted to skip Ben Lui having bagged it a couple of years ago in awful conditions especially having seen the reaccent :roll:
025.JPG
but i soon came to my senses
031.JPG
033.JPG
i decended down the edge of Coire Gaothach not as scary as it first looks :)
035.JPG
all that remained was the slog back along Connish back to Dalrigh eventually got back at 7.20 pm with 2 sore feet due to a blister on each foot my first ever blisters while walking :( even charlie was cream crackered with a slight limp i was beginning to think i may have to come up with a plan B for tomorrow .
Attachments
022.JPG
hutchy1
Mountain Walker

Munros:279   Corbetts:21
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:113
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

Re: Ben Lui 4

Postby kevsbald » Mon May 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Well done on that. Poochy must have been ko'd!
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

Re: Ben Lui 4

Postby hutchy1 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:35 pm

Thanks Kev he was we had an early night with Ben More and Stob Binnien on the agenda for the next day :roll:
hutchy1
Mountain Walker

Munros:279   Corbetts:21
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:113
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland