walkhighlands

Have you lost or found some gear when out in the hills?

Lost dog on A' Mharconaich area

Lost dog on A' Mharconaich area

Postby Merry-walker » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:39 am

Hi

We were up here at A' Mharconaich and Geal Charn, Drumochter today and our beloved dog Benji has gone missing. We have searched and searched all day for him and are heading back again early on Monday 17th June to continue our search for him. He is a golden lab cross breed and very friendly towards people and other dogs. Please, please, please could you keep an eye open for him as he is very precious to us. He is wearing a blue collar and will seek out any person around.

We will be out every day until there is news, but please if any one can help us look for him or any sightings at all please phone us on 07954134169 (Ronnie - Doomsday) or me Jac Johnson on 07543618892 any time, day or night.

Thank you all xx

DSC_0492.JPG
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Munros:65   Corbetts:53
Fionas:12   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Re: Lost dog on A' Mharconaich area

Postby electricfly » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:24 am

Hi Merry-walker, can you give a rough grid-ref of where you last saw him? Shona and I will head up to Drumochter after work with our two Springers Alfie and Bracken and do an evening search of the area.

Having lost Bracken in the past, I really do know what you are going through, so hope that he turns up soon!
electricfly

Munros:282   Corbetts:34
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:26
Wainwrights:45   

Postby andyfitz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 am

If you are getting any reception up there keep us posted. As Eric said a GR and any details of scope of search thus far if possible. Will see if I can arrange things to get up this evening and tomorrow if necessary - hopefully wont be. Good luck.
Last edited by andyfitz on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
andyfitz

Munros:191   Corbetts:12
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:18

Postby andyfitz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:38 am

andyfitz wrote:If you are getting any reception up there keep us posted. As Eric said a GR and any details of scope of search thus far if possible. Will see if i can arrange things to get up this evening and tomorrow if necessary - hopefully wont be. Good luck.
andyfitz

Postby spiderwebb » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:14 am

Hi Merry,
I'll head down this evening too so keep us posted with any more details.
Cheers
Spider
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby Newbie1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:38 am

My fingers and toes will be crossed for you, having lost one of my dogs for 4 days I know how your feeling right now.
With the guys on the case I'm sure all will turn out well.
Please keep us posted and much luck, but I'm sure with thunderbird 1 on the case you will be reunited in no time :clap:
Newbie1
Ambler

Munros:4   Corbetts:2
Fionas:6   

Postby Boulderdash » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Any update? Myself and my two Spaniels can lend a hand tomorrow if needed?
Boulderdash
Rambler

Munros:38   Corbetts:8
Fionas:3   
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   

Postby andyfitz » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:45 am

No joy tonight. MW, Ronnie, Scott (wee black dug), Spider, Eric (electricfly) and myself out till last light. Previous experience with Spiders dug shows it is early days yet. It's a big area. No doubt MW will provide updates. Good luck for Tuesday.
andyfitz

Postby Merry-walker » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:35 am

Can't tell you how much we appreciated your help tonight. Love you all for your kindness and are so grateful for your help in trying to find our Ben. We are heading back out tomorrow to do what you suggested.... to go around the hills south of where we lost him and around the Loch too. I have internet on my phone but my hunny, Ronnie (Doomsday) unfortunately doesn't. I keep getting intermittent signals but promise to keep you posted as much as possible. I can get on facebook TH, but websites like this are much, much harder when on my phone. I'll keep you as updated as possible.

We are so very tired. Praying like mad that our Ben is okay

Thank you again for you lovely, so kind folk who were able to come out tonight to help us. We will never ever forget your kindness, ever xxx
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Postby spiderwebb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:55 am

Merry Walker, keep us posted on here when you can and if not joy by the weekend I'll be back up.

Check/register on Lost Dogs Scotland too.
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby The Rodmiester » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:43 am

I'm passing up that way tomorrow, will also take a look about. Have got your mobile numbers will contact if any sightings.
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Boulderdash » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:01 am

I`m heading down this morning to do A`Mharconaich and Geal Charn. I should be there by 11ish so will keep my eyes skinned. Will have my dogs with me as well. Good luck today.
Boulderdash
Rambler

Munros:38   Corbetts:8
Fionas:3   
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   

Postby Newbie1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:06 am

Am off for 4 days from Sat, will gladly come and help then also if there is no joy.
Keep strong. We are all sending good thoughts your way.
Newbie1
Ambler

Munros:4   Corbetts:2
Fionas:6   

Postby electricfly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:29 am

We searched the vicinity of A'Mharconaich last night.

Shona and I swept up the NE shoulder with the dogs and worked with Spider to cover the steep craggy area on the NE face. No sign of Benji there which is probably a blessing.

The areas which will need more extensive searching are the lower E and SE aspects of the hill and the exit paths to the Coire Dhomhain that will be rich with human scent.

As Benji is 9yrs its unlkely that he would choose to ascend the path to Beinn Udlamain. He is fond of paths so could well have followed the path out of Coire Dhomhain past the Sow of Atholl and continued south towards Dalnaspidal Lodge.

Of course he may have found his way W off of A'Mharconaich and be scouting around the E shore of Loch Ericht.

Merry-walker has searched the area back onto Geal Charn and the paths heading N towards Creagan Mor with no luck.

I will try and head up again with my dog to search tomorrow if I can arrange time off. Really hope that Benji happens upon someone soon.
electricfly

Munros:282   Corbetts:34
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:26
Wainwrights:45   

Postby Merry-walker » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:34 am

We're so overwhelmed by all your kindness guys..... Can't tell you all how grateful we are.

We're heading over to Sgaineach Mhor and Beinn Udlamain area plus down to Loch Ericht. Havent left the house yet. Living on thin air and virtually no sleep.

Keep you posted as much as I can.

God bless

xx
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Next

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Lost and Found