walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bridal Veil Falls, Isle of Skye

Bridal Veil Falls, Isle of Skye

Postby Musicfinder » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Date walked: 25/05/2013

Time taken: 0.5 hours

Distance: 0.25 km

Ascent: 8m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

This is probably the shortest distance (0.25 km) and ascent change (8 meters) for a walk report. :lol: The waterfall is located at the last pull off on your left on the A855 as you drive from Portree to The Old Man of Storr. The walk is a bit boggy, but for a quarter of a kilometer it's not a problem. We crossed the stream and came up on the left side of the waterfall. It isn't much of a walk but you can get some excellent photographs.
Last edited by Musicfinder on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musicfinder

Re: Bridal Veil Falls, Isle of Skye

Postby RicKamila » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:02 am

I got chased by a cow here on a visit in 2011. I slipped on mud on the way down (left side path on your first photo) and ended up very filthy indeed. The cow wisely stopped at the mud :lol:
RicKamila
Mountaineer

Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:16   

Re: Bridal Veil Falls, Isle of Skye

Postby Musicfinder » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:39 pm

RicKamila wrote:I got chased by a cow here on a visit in 2011. I slipped on mud on the way down (left side path on your first photo) and ended up very filthy indeed. The cow wisely stopped at the mud :lol:

Rick, no cows for my visit, but I too nearly fell in the mud on the way down. Tripods make an excellent substitute for a walking stick when needed. :lol:
Musicfinder

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland