walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Vorlich and Stuc a' Chroin

Ben Vorlich and Stuc a' Chroin

Postby andyroog » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Date walked: 25/07/2013

Time taken: 9 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Ascent: 1145m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I decided to do these two munros and after a long lay off due to illness and a longer recovery than expected I was chomping on the bit to get out and do some walking, weather report was not good, sun and clag 20% chance of cloud free munros was the order of the day but nothing to really bother me just needed to get out missed all the hot weather as usual at times you think its all against you (Ha ha)

Started of at ardvorlich house entrance I think just enough signage from the start if you go wrong here go home me thinks
BV SC 3.jpg
and more
BV SC 4.jpg

I followed the easy path up to the dam and past it gaining height very quickly
BV SC 10.jpg
before i knew it i was at the summit cairn with zero view in all directions
BV SC 11.jpg
it was very humid and hot on the way up with little if any wind i was hoping that the sun would break through but nothing to do but have dinner looked across to stuc but nothing in view at all

BV SC 19.jpg
BV SC 20.jpg

I followed the path down heading for stuc and climbed over some very big boulders and found a path of sorts weaving its way up with the odd scramble finished up at a cairn on the top and headed for stuc's cairn summit
BV SC 18.jpg
and also found the Donald Stuart memorial stone what a great guy he must have been

I reached the cairn on stuc and sat and refuelled again at this point i was pretty well done in but after a long rest and a chat with the first person i had seen all day i decided to set off back down feeling pretty chuffed that i was able to do it at all after such a long time off great feeling :D some more phots to see just to show conditions on the day.

First report for a while litle rusty. Beinn Chabhair compleated four days later report to follow pretty knackered writing this one up sorry for any mistakes
Attachments
BV SC 23.jpg
BV SC 22.jpg
BV SC 13.jpg
BV SC 21.jpg
BV SC 16.jpg
BV SC 14.jpg
BV SC 17.jpg
BV SC 15.jpg
andyroog
Scrambler

Munros:21   
Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:15   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland