walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas

Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas

Postby iancgcampbell » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Route description: Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ghlas, Ben Lawers

Date walked: 19/08/2013

Time taken: 6 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Enjoyed completing our first two Munros on Monday. Thanks to Walkhighlands for an excellent route description and map. My companion and I will need to learn the art of navigation before tackling other mountains !
A while ago I had been given a book, The Munros by Cameron McNeish in which the author confesses that "the Lawers group is not his favourite hills". I must disagree with his viewpoint since we had a great day out from Edinburgh to the Lawers group.
iancgcampbell
Bird-watcher

Munros:2   

Re: Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas

Postby Bod » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Well done with your first two munros, get out there whenever you can and enjoy the mountain fun! Great point on building your navigation skills, but that will sharpen up the more you do....practice and keep safe :D :D :clap:

ps...loads of great resources out there, including on walkhighlands, mcofs and also learn from others at all opportunities.
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:67
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:29
Wainwrights:61   Islands:25

Re: Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas

Postby Bod » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Check out the 'Skills and Safety' tab on the walkhighlands home page :D
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:67
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:29
Wainwrights:61   Islands:25

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland