walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

bidean nam bian and stob coire sgreamhach

bidean nam bian and stob coire sgreamhach

Postby d gwynn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Munros included on this walk: Bidean nam Bian, Stob Coire Sgreamhach

Date walked: 06/09/2013

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 17 km

Ascent: 1600m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I set out from the syha in fine weather and headed past the clachaig inn and over the road and headed up the allt coire nam beitheach vearing over to the col just below the summit of an-t-sron
DSC_0068.jpg
as you gain the little ridge this is the view which after a two hour slog is brilliant payment for your effort. Then i turned to right and went under stob coire nam bieth and over the top of church door buttress (you get a good view of this on the route up and guess what it looks like a church door!!! for giants) then up to the summit of bidean nam bian from which you can see over to the buachailles and sgreamhach as this picture shows
DSC_0072.jpg
Rolls were eaten and then I headed back to bealach dearg which is very steep at first but becomes easier and takes you down and into the lost valley. The next two pictures are of the lost valley but from opposite ends
DSC_0074.jpg
DSC_0076.jpg
This is a very special place and not just because of its history, once out of the valley I only had the plod down the race track that is the A82 and back to the inn for some tea and a pint and reflect on a great days walking
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by d gwynn on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d gwynn
Munro compleatist

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:114
Wainwrights:200   

Re: bidean nam bian and stob coire sgreamhach

Postby d gwynn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:29 pm

cheers RTC,but looking at your bagging record you know that i did not have to work to hard to great shots like that when the sun is out as mother nature did all the hard work a long time ago!! :D
d gwynn
Munro compleatist

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:114
Wainwrights:200   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland