walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Re: what am I doing wrong

Postby islayhawk » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Downloaded Mapsource and 'British Isles + Routable - Mapsource'. Extracted and Installed the directory as per notes by dragging the extracted folder into the Garmin folder but every time I try and open a mapfile in mapsource it says IMG file is the wrong format. Has anyone ever used these files with mapsource. Anyone help

Islayhawk
islayhawk
Hill Bagger

Postby Gigha » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Are you using the latest map files direct from the Talkytoaster site?

I use these with Mapsource, Basecamp and on a Garmin GPS 60CSx without any problem.

Have you downloaded the correct map files for what you are using them on, the GPS version just has one large map img file where the version for mapsource / Basecamp has 200+ small img files contained in the zip download.

Make sure you create a folder with correct name and location as specified in the readme file within the download zip. Once the map files have been copied to this folder run the INSTALL.BAT file to set the registry entries. [Note older versions of the maps also required to have MapTk installed, but should not be necessary if you have just downloaded the latest map version]

Hope this makes some sense.
Gigha
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:213   Donalds:89+43
Sub 2000:60   Hewitts:54
Wainwrights:106   Islands:30

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion