walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

pressendye

pressendye

Postby Lastofthesummerwine » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:46 pm

Date walked: 25/12/2013

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 2 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Nice little hill for a flavour of the Cairngorms. Just Hamish and myself. Saw a couple of other walkers. Dusting of snow on the Cairngorms. If you're up here take some time to make an entry in the summit log in the tin box inside the cairn.
Attachments
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpO4yvbe.jpg
Hamish
Lastofthesummerwine
Mountain Walker

Re: pressendye

Postby The Rodmiester » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:16 pm

A fine Christmas Day stroll, and yes I completed the hill log! It' s nicer once you get out of the trees onto the hill it's self, some confusing tracks lower down in the trees.
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Lastofthesummerwine » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Just read your pressendye report Rodmeister and I am indeed the Bill who put the box there. No other reason than Morven, the Corbett next door has one so I felt why not pressendye as well. I think it makes it more interesting to find a log on the summit. You can read who was there and when and so on. I have actually replaced the plastic container with a metal biscuit tin.
Lastofthesummerwine
Mountain Walker

Postby The Rodmiester » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Lastofthesummerwine wrote:Just read your pressendye report Rodmeister and I am indeed the Bill who put the box there. No other reason than Morven, the Corbett next door has one so I felt why not pressendye as well. I think it makes it more interesting to find a log on the summit. You can read who was there and when and so on. I have actually replaced the plastic container with a metal biscuit tin.

I was going to say something about the plastic box? Now metal tin, by the way ta for the sweet, and by the way I never found the log book on Morven! And I searched it well, so I was surprised to find the box on this cairn. How many have signed your log book now :D ?
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Benjaminnevis » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:12 pm

a niver noo it wiz er :crazy:

Guess i will have to go back and sign it sometime but it is a fine stroll round the loop so i don't mind.
When i was there i come across information about some dreadful wind farm application and not sure what the out come was.
Benjaminnevis
Hill Bagger

Munros:38   Corbetts:15
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:27   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland