walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Ime via Robins bench

Beinn Ime via Robins bench

Postby DunstableDasher » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme

Date walked: 20/02/2010

Time taken: 4 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Decided to be a bit more adventurous and try the hills with some snow about , as a fine day was forcast set off as usual on the last train to Edinburgh arriving at 2350 on the Friday night, then with a few hours to kill had a ride round Edinburgh on the night bus services but back for the 0450 to Arrochar. Pleasent walk round to the start (0755) at Succoth and up the zig zag path just as the sun started to appear, as has been mentioned on other reports robin checked me over at the bench.
100D0454.JPG
Getting the once over

Fairly straight forward walk up the easily discernable path
100D0464.JPG
Path up towards The Cobbler
passing the junction on the left for The Cobbler, once at the bealach although there was plenty of snow about as the route got higher I found it easier to carry crampons in my bag than on my feet,
100D0474.JPG
Looking back
100D0473.JPG
Looking forward to Beinn Ime
100D0484.JPG
Looking back towards the bealach
100D0486.JPG
Summit Cairn

Once at the top (arr 1040) when taking in the views saw this
100D0493.JPG
Is this a Spectre ?

Due to my early start did not see many people at all untill i started back down, quite a few turning off at the bealach for The Cobbler
100D0512.JPG
This way to The Cobbler
the return was a pleasent if warm walk back down arriving at the main road at 1230, then straight round to the snack bar at the filling station for some home made soup, after what had been a perfect day my illusion was shattered when after waiting on the station for about an hour the information point tells me that Scotrail are on strike and no trains are running today. !!
DunstableDasher
Mountain Walker

Munros:157   
Hewitts:100
Wainwrights:177   

Re: Beinn Ime via Robins bench

Postby davetherave » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:04 pm

Couple really good pics there, pics 1 + 2 are a couple of crackers.

sorry to here about your return transport. :( :? :lol: .... sorry
davetherave

Munros:220   Corbetts:88
Fionas:26   Donalds:5

Postby mountain coward » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:38 am

I think that's a pretty perfect hill to do in winter! I wondered what you meant in the title with the 'Robin's Bench' bit then I remembered others reporting that robin begging for food... must be getting quite a bit from that area to hang around there still!

How awful about the train strike - and especially as you seem to have had no sleep the night before! What on earth did you do?
mountain coward

Postby DunstableDasher » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:39 pm

After waiting for a while I used the help phone on the station and they told me a replacement coach was arranged so it was down to the main road and wait, sure enough it turned up and got me back to Glasgow in time for my last train back to York.
DunstableDasher
Mountain Walker

Munros:157   
Hewitts:100
Wainwrights:177   

Postby Paul Webster » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Nice spectre pic too :D
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland