walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

My happy days in Knoydart III. (Ladhar Bheinn)

My happy days in Knoydart III. (Ladhar Bheinn)

Postby ere1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:59 am

Munros included on this walk: Ladhar Bheinn

Date walked: 23/10/2013

Distance: 20 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

In spite of the bad weather I decided to assail Ladhar Bheinn. Alas at the top the reward wasn't a view, but just clouds and a very strong wind. Nevertheless, it was worth the climb.

521.JPG
528.JPG
535.JPG
547.JPG
552.JPG
552.JPG
557.JPG
559.JPG
562.JPG
570.JPG
581.JPG
589.JPG
593.JPG
593.JPG
594.JPG
597.JPG
598.JPG
601.JPG
609.JPG
612.JPG
616.JPG
625.JPG
632.JPG
633.JPG
638.JPG
641.JPG

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by ere1 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ere1
Walker

Munros:51   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:7

Re: My happy days in Knoydart III. (Ladhar Bheinn)

Postby The Rodmiester » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:19 am

Hi there ere1, thanks for posting! I'm hoping to re visit Ladhar Bheinn again this May and hope to tackle it from the West so your photographs are a great help :D pity about the No View on top though, I guess you will have to re-visit again sometime. The trig point has crumbled away a bit since I was there in 2009 :lol:
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby ere1 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:50 pm

The Rodmiester wrote:Hi there ere1, thanks for posting! I'm hoping to re visit Ladhar Bheinn again this May and hope to tackle it from the West so your photographs are a great help :D pity about the No View on top though, I guess you will have to re-visit again sometime. The trig point has crumbled away a bit since I was there in 2009 :lol:

Hi Rodmiester, I can't wait to go back to Knoydart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ere1
Walker

Postby Johnny Corbett » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:10 am

Its a lovely area, i was lucky to get two days of sunshine when i was there.
The Rodmiester wrote:Hi there ere1, thanks for posting! I'm hoping to re visit Ladhar Bheinn again this May and hope to tackle it from the West so your photographs are a great help :D pity about the No View on top though, I guess you will have to re-visit again sometime. The trig point has crumbled away a bit since I was there in 2009 :lol:
That was the route wee took Rod, don't forget to add on the Corbett, Beinn na Caillich :wink:
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby The Rodmiester » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:51 am

Johnny Corbett wrote:Its a lovely area, i was lucky to get two days of sunshine when i was there.
That was the route wee took Rod, don't forget to add on the Corbett, Beinn na Caillich :wink:

Thanks JC , will try and fit that in as well. I'm taking someone up to try and get her into single figures for munros to complete, fingers crossed We will have the time to pick up Beinn na Caillich and the other one, maybe the next day :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Scotjamie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:38 am

Thanks for the memories.
Also did Ladhar Beinn this route - in stair rods of rain. So your pics show more than ever I saw!
The tiring walk back down Mam Uidhe simply inspires the Old Forge thirst.

(just had to do the Mam Barrisdale approach on my next visit)
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby ere1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:33 pm

Scotjamie wrote:Thanks for the memories.
Also did Ladhar Beinn this route - in stair rods of rain. So your pics show more than ever I saw!
The tiring walk back down Mam Uidhe simply inspires the Old Forge thirst.

(just had to do the Mam Barrisdale approach on my next visit)

Thanks for all the lovely comments . Peter
ere1
Walker

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland