walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Each Kevs nemisis

Beinn Each Kevs nemisis

Postby Ian Bayne » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:54 am

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Each

Date walked: 01/03/2014

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 6.7 km

Ascent: 726m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Original plan was Sguilard but due to the Stranglers a small outing was required ( a Kev leg stretcher) . The gang done this over 2 years ago in pretty unclement weather Kev got 3/4 the way up and had to retire so this is his return.
Met Kev at the layby and off by 8am weather not what it should be low cloud a chilly breeze and snow showers is this dejavu. The clamber up through the woods is still a shocker to the legs its a welcome sight when you get to the track for the walk to the sign post . A few showers on the way and the cloud closed in no views today .
Now the slog up the hill done this as per WHroute with no pigeon off piste routes got into the snowline at 400m but you could still pick out the path in places Jake was in his winter playground. Snow fresh and deep in places which made it hard going in places but this is not going to be a race . Got to the top in just over 2hrs stopped for a couple of photos then headed down a busy hill this one . Had our break just below the snowline with a cup of Sengas homemade soup braw .
By now there was lines of walkers heading to the top glad we started early got to the layby at noon and finnished off with a can of Aldis finest German pilsner brewed in France but it hit the mark . A good walk a flag for Kev nice one now off for some Skin Deep
Attachments
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
008.JPG
The summit
011.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG
016.JPG
last of jakes playground
018.JPG
now it clears
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Munros:184   Corbetts:39
Fionas:13   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:12   

Re: Beinn Each Kevs nemisis

Postby Wok de dog » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Ian! Did you need crampons and an ice axe? I might do this walk next week. If I start it and think I need crampons, I'll just turn around.
Wok de dog
Mountain Walker

Munros:200   Corbetts:8
Fionas:3   Donalds:16
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:1

Postby Ian Bayne » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Wok de dog wrote:Ian! Did you need crampons and an ice axe? I might do this walk next week. If I start it and think I need crampons, I'll just turn around.

We had crampons and axes not required If you were going onto stuc a chroin they might be required
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Postby pigeon » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Looks at least a million times better than your first visit to Ben Each ,that's for sure,i'll try and dig out the few photos i've got of that famous day :lol:
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:130
Fionas:41   Donalds:40+7
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   Islands:2
Walk wish-list

Postby Ian Bayne » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:21 pm

pigeon wrote:Looks at least a million times better than your first visit to Ben Each ,that's for sure,i'll try and dig out the few photos i've got of that famous day :lol:

I thought it was going to be like the last time when the weather closed in remained claggy and a few showers seen the top this time a nice wee walk
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland