walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cruach Ardrain and Beinn Tulaichean

Cruach Ardrain and Beinn Tulaichean

Postby Fairweather Softie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Date walked: 02/03/2014

Time taken: 6 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Went out early this morning to try and beat the weather, travelled from Glasgow,set off about 08:00 from car park (road is a mess on drive in) just before farm.

Had my new gps with me and thankfully as at some points with wind and snow in my face I could see nothing. Deepest snow I've walked (buried myself) in. Up to my waist at some points on way back down to track. Perhaps just me focussing on staying on GPS route instead of lifting my head and using my eyes. Had a look at track log and it's funny to see yourself correcting route so often.
Fairweather Softie
Mountaineer

Munros:220   Corbetts:6
Fionas:5   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:6

Re: Cruach Ardrain and Beinn Tulaichean

Postby Comacchio » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:42 pm

Nice day for it :)

I arrived shortly after you I think. I was the 2nd car in the car park (If we're talking about the same car park). We headed up An Caisteal with the intention of doing Beinn A'Chroin also but the complete white outs and horrendous wind made us re-consider and head back the way we came.

Good report.

Allan
Comacchio
Mountain Walker

Munros:126   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland