walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The leisurely walk around a nature reserve

The leisurely walk around a nature reserve

Postby AbbsFooty » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Date walked: 15/04/2014

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

We walked to the visitor centre to start off with, to feed the birds before the walk. There were many birds to feed and they were all certainly eager!
The walk was mostly flat however we did most of the routs which were advertised in the nature reserve.

During the walk, ever so often a train would go by- this was the pass to have a skittle ( which is my favourite)! We followed the railway track around as our first route but peeled off to another route when the railway line was coming to a turn! Hallway through the route we saw three horses casually eating the grass of course this meant we had the chance to eat skittles! Their was loads of nature to see but no nature I couldn't see if I was walking to the shop ( as an example)!
Overall it was a great day and would like to go again!

Thanks for viewing!
:) :) :D
AbbsFooty
Mountaineer

Munros:3   
Fionas:1   

Re: The leisurely walk around a nature reserve

Postby basscadet » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Which nature reserve did you visit?
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby AbbsFooty » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:03 am

I visited, Attenborough nature reserve! :)
AbbsFooty
Mountaineer

Munros:3   
Fionas:1   

Postby basscadet » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:18 am

Oh it is nice round those parts.. :D Haven't been south of the border for a while though myself.. :roll:
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland