walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Saturday with hubby in Snowdonia

Saturday with hubby in Snowdonia

Postby susanmyatt » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Moel Siabod

Date walked: 04/02/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Early rise at five, on the road from Stoke at half past, we were parked at Capel Curig and on the way at 8-45am. Decided on the route through the forest as we could see quite a bit of snow near the top. Very windy on summit and a bit chilly but fine views of Snowdon Horseshoe, Glyders and Carnedds. Back safe and sound at around 1pm.
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Re: Saturday with hubby in Snowdonia

Postby GarryH » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi,Susan, Glad you had a good day and returned home safe and sound, not like the two lads in the link :( :( :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/7864422.stm
GarryH

Postby susanmyatt » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:52 pm

No terrible news, tried to load a photo of me on summit but the file was too large, thats the problem now with todays digital cameras
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Postby Paul Webster » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi Susan

You have to save it a bit smaller for display on a website - the maximum that fits in the Forum is 640 pixels wide. If you reduce the photo and save it to your desktop at that size you can then upload it.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby susanmyatt » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 am

My husband has tried with this of me on summit of Moel Siabod, had me specs on this day,thanks for help
IMG_2811new.jpg
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland