walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A solo 2 day adventure walk around Loch Treigs 5 Munros

A solo 2 day adventure walk around Loch Treigs 5 Munros

by Mountainlove » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:17 am

Route description: Chno Dearg and Stob Coire Sgriodain

Munros included on this walk: Beinn na Lap, Chno Dearg, Stob a' Choire Mheadhoin, Stob Coire Easain, Stob Coire Sgriodain

Date walked: 01/06/2014

Time taken: 14.5 hours

Distance: 33.6 km

Ascent: 2672m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: A solo 2 day adventure walk around Loch Treigs 5 Munros

Postby portinscale » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Great report and great route. I was on the Grey Corries on the Friday and the weather was stunning.
portinscale
Stravaiging

Munros:271   Corbetts:8
Fionas:1   Donalds:4
Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   Islands:8

Postby Mountainlove » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:06 am

portinscale wrote:Great report and great route. I was on the Grey Corries on the Friday and the weather was stunning.

Many thanks :D
I hope you enjoyed the Grey Corries...they are a stunning set of mountains!
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:88   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Postby rockhopper » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:51 pm

nice looking route and looks like you made the most of it - an area to which I'd like to return - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Mountainlove » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:42 pm

rockhopper wrote:nice looking route and looks like you made the most of it - an area to which I'd like to return - cheers :)

Many thanks! Yes the area is stunning!But looking at your remaining Munros, I am guessing it will have to wait until you are completed :D
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Postby londonwalker » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:51 am

Like Everyone else - I really enjoy your walk reports ML and a terrific overnighter it looked too. Wish I'd thought of doing these hills like this!. Got a few other wild camps planned for my trip later this summer and hope the weather is as kind to me as it was you. Great camera work - The zoomed shot of the station strangely makes it look so isolated don't you think?
londonwalker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:89
Fionas:1   Donalds:18
Hewitts:48
Wainwrights:2   

Postby Mountainlove » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:24 am

londonwalker wrote:Like Everyone else - I really enjoy your walk reports ML and a terrific overnighter it looked too. Wish I'd thought of doing these hills like this!. Got a few other wild camps planned for my trip later this summer and hope the weather is as kind to me as it was you. Great camera work - The zoomed shot of the station strangely makes it look so isolated don't you think?

Yes I do agree, it felt really isolated with all the open spaces and mountains around it. Its one place I yet have to travel to by train...luckily I still have a few Munros left next to it :D
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Postby Mr mcgoo » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:05 pm

What a Fabidoo report ,so good I've changed plan for weekend 28/7/14 and I'm doing this walk absolutly fantastic can't wait :D
Mr mcgoo
Mountaineer

Postby Mr mcgoo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Mr mcgoo wrote:What a Fabidoo report ,so good I've changed plan for weekend 28/7/14 and I'm doing this walk absolutly fantastic can't wait :D

sorry doing it on 28/6/14 any takers ?hoping to meet the guys doing the corrour 3 on the trail :D
Mr mcgoo
Mountaineer

Postby Mountainlove » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:11 pm

Mr mcgoo wrote:
Mr mcgoo wrote:What a Fabidoo report ,so good I've changed plan for weekend 28/7/14 and I'm doing this walk absolutly fantastic can't wait :D

sorry doing it on 28/6/14 any takers ?hoping to meet the guys doing the corrour 3 on the trail :D

Oh thats great that you are planning to do the walk end of this month. :clap: :clap: Why don't you try the
Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs
Forum on this site. You might be able to find someone, who want to join you :thumbup:
Lol hopefully you will find some Sandwich providers as well!!
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Postby Mr mcgoo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Mountainlove wrote:
Mr mcgoo wrote:

Oh thats great that you are planning to do the walk end of this month. :clap: :clap: Why don't you try the
Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs
Forum on this site. You might be able to find someone, who want to join you :thumbup:
Lol hopefully you will find some Sandwich providers as well!!

thing is i am lucky enough to have mon and tue off so got 4 days to play with, i may change itenery slightly, if the weather is like you had ,then il be hanging about the loch side all day and just go for a wonder without carrying my gear,if i get some-one to come along with me they not be able to do that, mybees thats why i always go solo,can do what you like without upsetting the applecart.happy daze yehaaaa
Mr mcgoo
Mountaineer

Postby Butterscotch » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:13 am

Fabulous report and great photos :clap:
Butterscotch

Munros:259   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:6
Walk wish-list

Postby Butterscotch » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:15 am

londonwalker wrote:Like Everyone else - I really enjoy your walk reports ML and a terrific overnighter it looked too. Wish I'd thought of doing these hills like this!. Got a few other wild camps planned for my trip later this summer and hope the weather is as kind to me as it was you. Great camera work - The zoomed shot of the station strangely makes it look so isolated don't you think?

Yes the photo of the station is amazing!
Butterscotch

Munros:259   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:6
Walk wish-list

38 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland