walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben lawers first report

Ben lawers first report

Postby barryt128 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ghlas, Ben Lawers

Date walked: 13/07/2014

Time taken: 5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well after a terrible day on Saturday me and the wee man turned and headed home we were going to climb Saturday camp over then maby climb meall nan tarmachan in the morning but never mind a day wasted but we weren't giving up we were back on Sunday morning dry sunny but windy which was good cause I didn't need to cover us in midge repellant we walked up the usual route through the nature trail before turning right up ghlas,it was at this point I realised sitting on the couch for 3 weeks doing nothing isn't good for the legs but I kept plodding on with the wee boy just leaving me finally we made it to the summit couple of photos a banana and some Jaffa cakes and we were off again the wee rest done the world of good and I got a second wind on the way up lawers where the views were absolutely stunning I fell in love with the place especially the corrie with lochan nan cat anyway after a wee while enjoying it it was time to go so back down the quick way and back to the car passing a few in sandels ect and someone lying sleeping in the middle of nowhere now where to go next ??
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Ready to go
barryt128
Mountain Walker

Munros:21   
Sub 2000:3   

Re: Ben lawers first report

Postby Fife Flyer » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Well done to you & the wee man :clap: :clap:

Are some of the photo's supposed to be upside down :lol: :lol:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby barryt128 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Lol they shouldn't be they were taken and posted from a phone so its possible new camera on the list of things to buy :lol:
barryt128
Mountain Walker

Postby AnnieMacD » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Wow, that's quite an achievement for the little boy. :clap: How old is he? Really like the second from last photo - I'm sure you must be proud of him!
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby barryt128 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:43 am

He's 7 pal and he loves it he's a mountain goat just keeps going I have to force him to stop but its good fun he suffers from autisim witch makes him obsessed with things he's fun though I wouldn't change him :D
barryt128
Mountain Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland