walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Bus along Glen Affric

Bus along Glen Affric

Postby snodland » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Anybody got recent experience of using the Ross Minibus that goes to the car park in Glen Affric 3 days a week from the start of July.

I am going that way to the youth hostel on Friday from Inverness.
There are conflicting departure times from Inverness on the Ross Minibus website.
One bus at 9.40 from Inverness and then spends the day shuttling a total of 3 times up and down the road between Cannich and Glen Affric (Monday,Wednesday and (hooray)Friday
One bus - which can take bikes goes through Beauly leaving Inverness at 8.45?

Nothing but nothing appears in Traveline and you would need a sceance to get through to Ross Minibuses themselves on the phone number. They are never there in or out of common office hours

Is it still running or am I in for a load of treacherous narrow single track road bashing before getting to the track down the rest of the glen
snodland
Munro compleatist

Munros:89   Corbetts:17
Fionas:14   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:5

Re: Bus along Glen Affric

Postby ptc* » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:24 pm

I just researched this for the Glen Affric routes i did for this months Trail mag and the Ross service was supposed to be running as normal. I checked with them after talking to the folks at the shop in Cannich - Cannich Stores & Post Office 01456 415201
ptc*

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion