walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Trip to Kinder

Trip to Kinder

Postby susanmyatt » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Kinder Scout

Date walked: 08/02/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Rounded off a busy but very enjoyable week by going to the Peak District yesterday and to Kinder, again did some ice axe practice as three of the group didn't go to the Lakes. Unfortunately we had a cut lip on the snow and guess who, yes quite right it was me, patched up I looked like that infamous German leader to the amusement of the others, suffice to say I had some stick. Still it was a nice day and there were lots about, the snow was very deep in parts. Next week hope to be in Snowdonia, take care all. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0547new.jpg
Team photo, with thick lip!
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Re: Trip to Kinder

Postby Paul Webster » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:54 pm

Take care in Snowdonia! You know it's a proper winter when you can do ice-axe practice on the sides of Kinder Scout 8)
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Re: Trip to Kinder

Postby susanmyatt » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Thanks Paul, we are in good hands with Alan and the other lads and always have the right gear, great site, thanks for letting me join.
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland