walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

First Munro

First Munro

Postby f neilson » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 am

Route description: Meall Chuaich, Drumochter

Munros included on this walk: Meall Chuaich

Date walked: 14/09/2014

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 14 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

First time every doing a Munro was a bit nervous but my brother is an accomplished walker and climber and helped me and my sister all the way with encouragement and going at our pace at the age of 50 I will be doing more the pleasure I got when we reached the top was brilliant. was easier coming down but my fitness level will get better with the more I do
f neilson
Mountain Walker

Re: First Munro

Postby Lightfoot2017 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Congrats on your first Munro. :clap:

Meall Chuaich is a lovely wee hill, vastly under-rated in my opinion, and a great choice for a first Munro.

Let’s hope you get plenty more under your belt soon…
Lightfoot2017
Mountain Walker

Munros:181   
Fionas:1   

Re: First Munro

Postby jepsonscotland » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:47 pm

Well done on your first. :clap: :clap: :clap:
What's next............................... :shock:
jepsonscotland
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland