walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A Glencoe Scramble - The Pink Rib of Beinn a' Chrulaiste

A Glencoe Scramble - The Pink Rib of Beinn a' Chrulaiste

Postby wilkiemurray » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn a' Chrùlaiste

Date walked: 04/10/2014

Time taken: 2.5 hours

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

In my opinion this wee hill gives the grandest views in Glencoe, especially of The Buachaille anyway 

I have been up it a number of times and have always fancied trying the “Pink Rib” scramble. Today I ticked that box

The weather had been torrential rain for the 12 hours before heading up and it was still pouring it down on the journey up to Glencoe. However on arriving at the Jacksonville car park, things looked a little better. A short day was planned and after talking about Curved Ridge and D Gulley Buttress we actually decided on the Pink Rib of Beinn a’ Chrulaiste as none of us had done it before….

Imagemornin by mountains MJVW, on Flickr

Imagecloiygjhgf by mountains MJVW, on Flickr

A short walk across the heather saw us quickly arriving at the Pink Rib, just as the rain started again. Just as quickly we were at the top of the rib . Some nice easy scrambling and an ideal place for a beginner to scramble perhaps ….. The views as always from here were tremendous and the Buachaille dominated the landscape – an amazing mountain.

ImageGLNCOE by mountains MJVW, on Flickr

ImageBuach by mountains MJVW, on Flickr

On reaching the summit of Beinn a’ Chrustaille, we had a lunch and then headed west, descending back towards the road with grand views all round. We were soon back walking back along the road and returned to the car just over 2hrs after leaving it…. A grand short outing 

Imageblack ad whit by mountains MJVW, on Flickr
Last edited by wilkiemurray on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
wilkiemurray

Re: A Glencoe Scramble - The Pink Rib of Beinn a' Chrulaiste

Postby Silverhill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:26 pm

Nice one wilkiemurray! Maybe that's my startpoint for scrambling. :)
Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:8   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:28   

Re: A Glencoe Scramble - The Pink Rib of Beinn a' Chrulaiste

Postby wilkiemurray » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:32 am

Silverhill wrote:Nice one wilkiemurray! Maybe that's my startpoint for scrambling. :)

Thanks Silverhill :D Its a nice wee scramble and I think would be perfect if you've never scrambled before perhaps - near the road, nice hand holds, not steep, minimal exposure and easily escapable-might be a good choice. Then of course there are views back over you shoulder to The Buachaille ...... :D

ATB

Murray
wilkiemurray

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland