walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Skye Trail Timelapse Video

The Skye Trail Timelapse Video

Postby maustindesign » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:43 am

Route description: Skye Trail

Date walked: 15/08/2014

Time taken: 7 days

Distance: 79 km

6 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hey All

Just wanted to share my timelapse video taken during my Skye Trail walk in August 2014.

Link below:

Hope you enjoy and gives you memories of the walk or even encourage you to walk it, it is fantastic
and should be top of anyones list!!

Thanks

Matt Austin
maustindesign
Scrambler

Re: The Skye Trail Timelapse Video

Postby Alastair S » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:15 am

Superb. Must have been quite a bit of work to get this together.
Alastair S
Hill Bagger

Munros:78   Corbetts:13
Fionas:6   
Sub 2000:13   
Islands:22

Postby maustindesign » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks Alastair, Yes a good few weeks of post processing etc. the longest time was choosing the music as the whole film revolves around the music timings. Cant wait to go back and do a more comprehensive film!
maustindesign
Scrambler

Postby petert847 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Beautiful time lapse - I'm so looking forward to doing the trial next year. Thanks for posting.
petert847

Postby maustindesign » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks Peter! You will love the trail, its great, even when the weather turns!!
maustindesign
Scrambler

Postby vmhughes » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:05 am

Hello Matt.

Contemplating the Skye Trail in July this year. I'm coming from Oregon in the US for a month with a number of agendas, and amongst them is this trail. I would prefer not to bring a tent or cooking gear, if possible. Could I do the route as you did with hotels or B&Bs. I do appreciate any assistance.

Vanessa
vmhughes
Munro compleatist

Postby Challum » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:19 pm

It might be possible but it wouldn't be easy as it doesn't pass through many places of habitation. When I did it, our first night (camping) was near Flodigarry. Second night was on the Trotternish ridge. Third night Portree camp site, then Sligachan camp site. The next night was near Kirkibost and the final night was at Suisnish. I think you could only expect B&B accommodation at Flodigarry, Portree and Sligachan. Good luck
Challum

Postby lafrances » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:28 pm

vmhughes wrote:Hello Matt.

Contemplating the Skye Trail in July this year. I'm coming from Oregon in the US for a month with a number of agendas, and amongst them is this trail. I would prefer not to bring a tent or cooking gear, if possible. Could I do the route as you did with hotels or B&Bs. I do appreciate any assistance.

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,
I just completed the Skye trail in May, Hostels all the way - some more than one night (and there are even more BnB's). I can give you the details if you send me a message...
Cheers
Frances
lafrances
Mountaineer

Fionas:3   

6 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes