walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Almost double figures!

Almost double figures!

by Sarah86 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Route description: Ben Vorlich and Stùc a' Chròin

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn)

Date walked: 23/11/2014

Time taken: 4 hours

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Almost double figures!

Postby Sarah86 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:57 am

Thanks, it was a really great day out and I really enjoyed being out on my own and taking things at my own pace. Wonderful views from the top too. Had really hoped I might have made 10 by the end of the year but now there is snow and stormy conditions I think that will be on hold for a bit.
Sarah86
Mountaineer

Munros:18   Corbetts:8
Fionas:2   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:20   

Postby dogplodder » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Sarah86 wrote:Thanks, it was a really great day out and I really enjoyed being out on my own and taking things at my own pace. Wonderful views from the top too. Had really hoped I might have made 10 by the end of the year but now there is snow and stormy conditions I think that will be on hold for a bit.

Sarah have you done Ben Chonzie? It should be fine in winter conditons going up from Glen Lednock. That would get you to double figures! :D

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17365
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby Sarah86 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:43 pm

I know, I wish they lived longer, Penny is my first dog ad has been more than I ever imagine and I really can't bear the thought of not having her in my life. Your dogs do really well too, I am often admiring them enjoying their adventures. She has some days where she does great others where she isn't as keen on walking but as I always say I'd rather attempt something and fail with her than do it without :-)

I have been to Ben Chonzie in June, It was a nice gentle walk most of the way, I couldn't see a thing from the top but another great day out. I also need to watch road conditions as I am not the most confident driver and it is only this year I have started venturing out the county on my own :-) So Far we have climbed Meall Muidhe, The Cairnwell 3, Ben Chozie, Mayar, Dreish, Meall Nan Tarmachan and Ben Vorlich. I am trying to complete some easy ones that aren't too far from Clackmannanshire, Ben Lomond was on my list but I don't fancy being out in these winds :-)
Sarah86
Mountaineer

Postby dogplodder » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Ben Lawers is straightforward - starts high, excellent path and has the advantage of giving two for the price of one! But wait for better weather as apart from anything else the road up to visitor centre could be tricky in snow and ice. 8)
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby sonic » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:42 am

Brilliant photos and brilliant weather, I did these two a couple of weeks ago and got a nice clear day also, with terrific views of the surrounding hills. Unfortunately my photos lack the punch that your photos have and look quite flat in comparison, favourite photos are the fifth one with penny and the sixth one of the hills. Wondering if you do much post processing with your photos to get them to that level. :clap:
sonic
Mountaineer

Munros:16   Corbetts:2

Postby Sarah86 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:49 pm

sonic wrote:Brilliant photos and brilliant weather, I did these two a couple of weeks ago and got a nice clear day also, with terrific views of the surrounding hills. Unfortunately my photos lack the punch that your photos have and look quite flat in comparison, favourite photos are the fifth one with penny and the sixth one of the hills. Wondering if you do much post processing with your photos to get them to that level. :clap:

Thank you so much for the kind comments. I love getting out with the camera but don't always get good results ad I am always trying to improve. I take my photos in raw and process them in lightroom. I don't do anything fancy just adjust the exposure, shadows and highlights if needed and the white balance.
Sarah86
Mountaineer

Postby tweedledog » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:58 pm

That's a fine, elegant coat that Penny has. Well done both.
tweedledog
Wanderer

Postby litljortindan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Looks a nice wee summit ridge.
litljortindan
Ambler

Munros:153   Corbetts:67
Fionas:29   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Postby IndoorMunroist » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:01 am

I am really enjoying reading everyone's reports, the colour in your photos is terrific.
IndoorMunroist
Walker

Munros:66   

12 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland