walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Medley in The Arrochars Alps

Medley in The Arrochars Alps

Postby Bubba Ribeye » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:25 am

Route description: Ben Vane, from Inveruglas

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Narnain, Ben Vane

Date walked: 26/12/2014

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

1bootcampsignnar.jpg

This particular morning I had gone down to Boot Camp for a solo jaunt into and around the Arrochars as I had been doing for the past year or so to keep hillfit.

I had no particular mountain in mind at that point and was just aiming to get to the Beallich a Maim and decide from there ....dependent on fitness and time.

As I was taking a break at the weir just after the zigzag forest trail.... a couple, Dom and John passed me by and I gave them a cheery wave as we do in the great outdoors.

John then came back and asked me the way to the Cobbler. :o

That was to be their 'undoing' ....because over the course of the next few months they were put through a grilling medley of the Arrochar Alps as Bubbas latest Boot Camp recruits. :lol:

3bubjohndomcobblerpath.jpg

That one question by John was to be the start of a great friendship as Bubba put them through their paces in preparation for Everest Base Camp.

They were to be introduced and bring along many other Boot Camp recruits who had accepted the challenges of the Arrochar Alps. :shock:

5domjohnula.jpg

So this report is really just a medley of photos from the various journeys in and around the Arrochars and includes snaps from The Cobbler path, Ben Narnain, and Ben Vane.

2domjohnnikvalgroup.jpg

You will notice 'The Pink Lady' and also Bo and Sam and also 'Zoola' from some of Bubba Ribeyes other walk reports :D

What this picture says... is that hillwalking has a way of 'uniting' a whole bunch of 'randoms' together in a common bond.... the love of the outdoors and hillwalking and they become 'Kindred Spirits'.

6bubdomjohnbridge.jpg

There is always time for a beer during a walk.

I think Dom is calling for a Pizza Hut delivery and some more beers but is having trouble explaining the postcode as a map reference :lol:

7bridgebeerdom.jpg

Bubb leaping for joy :crazy:

8bubbridgeleap.jpg

Our journey up to the summit of Narnain in squally, wet, windy weather was interesting because Johns glasses kept steaming up and he couldn't see half the time. :lol:

11domjohnbubtangonarnain.jpg

But we did reach the summit and got the usual selfies in ....to mark the occasion.

12domjohnsumnarnain.jpg

13domjohnnarnainsummit.jpg

Dom has a whole repertoire of 'crazy poses' that she pulls out of her rucksack from time to time .

14domsummitnarnainexcellent.jpg

They always catch one by surprise and are always very amusing to say the least.

Keeping us entertained and moral up at the top of a windswept summit on Ben Narnain.

14adomsumcuddle.jpg

This is us on the Road to Ben Insane after yomping it through the forest from Arrochar.

17domjunctionsignpost.jpg

Bubba has his usual, traditional flaggan of ale at the summit of Ben Insane.

dbubvanesumflaggan.jpg

We did get some excellent views from Ben Vane summit.

adomvanesummit.jpg

This was Doms last trip to the Arrochar Alps before heading for something a bit bigger, Everest Basecamp.

bdomvanesummexc.jpg

Boot Camp had allowed her to test out gear and her fitness level and stamina for the journey ahead.:-)

cexdomvanesummit.jpg

So this a just a selection of photos from in and around the Arrochar Alps.
Bubba Ribeye
Mountain Walker

Corbetts:1

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland