walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Car parking for Corrour

Car parking for Corrour

Postby arlo » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:36 am

Next month I have a couple of nights booked at Loch Ossian hostel. I was planning on getting the train to Corrour from Tulloch and leaving my car at the Tulloch station car park. Do you think this is wise and is there anyone I should tell? Thanks.
arlo

Munros:120   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:125
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Car parking for Corrour

Postby Caberfeidh » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:43 am

arlo wrote:Next month I have a couple of nights booked at Loch Ossian hostel. I was planning on getting the train to Corrour from Tulloch and leaving my car at the Tulloch station car park. Do you think this is wise and is there anyone I should tell? Thanks

You just told the whole Interweb. What kind of car is it? I need some spare parts for the Caberfeidh~Mobile... :D
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby doggy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:38 pm

lol
doggy

Munros:96   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Sunset tripper » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:26 am

Hi arlo. The times I have gone to corrour I have got the train from spean bridge and parked in the big car park behind the woollen mill and the hotel. Also there is a shop beside the car park where you can get hot coffee and other stuff while you wait for the train. Spean bridge is only about 10 miles from tulloch
Sunset tripper

Postby arlo » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Spean Bridge car park.jpg
Thanks for the tip Sunset tripper. I returned to the arlomobile to find it untouched by Caberfeidh or any other criminal.

The weather wasn't good enough to go up Beinn na Lap but I had a great time at Loch Ossian hostel with 4 Glaswegians who had carried in 16 bags of alcohol and food and were very generous at sharing it.
arlo

Munros:120   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:125
Wainwrights:214   

Postby vixana » Fri May 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi, just seen your post whilst searching for parking info, did you have to pay for parking? And if the 5 spaces are full is there anywhere else near to park?
Cheers
vixana
Mountaineer

Postby Sunset tripper » Sat May 21, 2016 11:05 am

vixana wrote:Hi, just seen your post whilst searching for parking info, did you have to pay for parking? And if the 5 spaces are full is there anywhere else near to park?
Cheers

Hi vixana. There are a lot more than 5 spaces. I stop there quite often and have always got a space but I suppose it is possible that it fills up on occasion, maybe when the 6 day trials are on or the world cup downhill at Aonach Mor is on.
There are a few spaces at the railway station too. I guess they are more likely to fill up first.
Both are free parking :D
Sunset tripper

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion