walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

glen douglas graham tullich hill

glen douglas graham tullich hill

Postby Busta fin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Tullich Hill

Date walked: 14/04/2010

Time taken: 2 hours

Ascent: 632m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

decided that i had to walk the tullich hill as i have been looking at it for the past few years seeing as i work in the shadow of it, decided to do it on wed and was rewarded with a clear and warm day. not being sure how to tackle it, i decided to park up at the top of the glen douglas road if you take the road of the A814, i then followed the track along till i reached the first steep climb roughly 1km in, i then took a right turn and began the steady climb over some rough ground as i tried to follow the ridge up to the summit of the hill, when reaching the top i was given a view that can only be described as amazing with clear views over the arrochar alps and beyond.
Attachments
Photo0422.jpg
loch lomond
Photo0421.jpg
Photo0420.jpg
Photo0419.jpg
the view down to the bottom and my work
Photo0416.jpg
The cobbler
Photo0414.jpg
Photo0413.jpg
the path up to the point were i turned right
Busta fin
Mountaineer

Re: glen douglas graham tullich hill

Postby FloozySuzie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:21 pm

What a beautiful place you work in! I am quite jealous.
FloozySuzie

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland