walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Singles Group, meet in Glencoe 14/15th Feb

Singles Group, meet in Glencoe 14/15th Feb

Postby cozi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:29 pm

I have taken the big step of putting a date down for us at last to meet up for a bit of mountain bashing. Singles only.
There are plenty of bunkhouse accommodation in the area.
Keep an eye on the weather. Would people prefer Sat, Sun or both? Please feed back on this.
Whatever, I will have to change my work dates. I am just back from London, and am gagging for a bit of proper bit of hill walking, so let's go for it.
cozi
Stravaiging

Munros:282   Corbetts:171
Fionas:18   Donalds:7

Re: Singles Group, meet in Glencoe 14/15th Feb

Postby Caberfeidh » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 am

cozi wrote:There are plenty of bunkhouse accommodation in the area. . Would people prefer Sat, Sun or both? Please feed back on this..

There baint no bunkhouse accommodation at the weekend, the Yoof Hostel is booked up also. Any chance of a few days midweek? We'd be much more likely to get accommodation then.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Dan Scheer » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:17 pm

ahh, I will actually be in the area that weekend, staying in Kinlochleven Friday night, but got a snowholing course booked that weekend... (at the time of booking, I didn't realise it was valentines day because I never care much for that stuff, but now I am spending my valentines day in a candle-lit cave with a bunch of dudes... how romantic!! hahaha)
Dan Scheer
Mountaineer

Munros:36   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Islands:25

Postby malky_c » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Just so you know what you're all letting yourself in for :wink: :
http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3518
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Postby cozi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:56 pm

May I suggest the Blackwater Hostel in Kinlochleven? They have quite a few vacancies in their Westlodge Hostel.
While Kinlochleven isn't Glencoe, it is only a short drive to get there.
You can book on-line at the Blackwater Hostel website for whichever nights you want, but make sure you get the Westlodge hostel.
Their number is 01855 831253.
I have booked time off work, so am looking forward to seeing others there.
See you soon!
cozi
Mountaineer

cozi
Stravaiging

Postby cozi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:49 pm

Dan Scheer wrote:ahh, I will actually be in the area that weekend, staying in Kinlochleven Friday night, but got a snowholing course booked that weekend... (at the time of booking, I didn't realise it was valentines day because I never care much for that stuff, but now I am spending my valentines day in a candle-lit cave with a bunch of dudes... how romantic!! hahaha)

You just might have a melting snow hole if this warm weather keeps going. Hope you have a load of fun! See you on another meet maybe?
cozi
Stravaiging

Postby Dan Scheer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:21 am

I was wondering about that and kinda hoping it is a bit colder on the west coast than it is here in Aberdeen ... still waiting to hear from them whether the course is going ahead or not!
If it isn't I will still just drive over and meet up with you guys as I have booked a lodge at Blackwater hostel for Friday night already.
Will update here as soon as I hear anything!
Dan Scheer
Mountaineer

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Friday looks awful, Saturday better, Sunday awful again. Can't abide Kinlochleven....
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gfh75zeru#?fcTime=1423872000
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby cozi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:29 pm

We're only based there. We can do the Clachaig if you want a nicer pub.....I will not be drinking, so I'll give you a lift?
I've not heard anything from the girlies. Not sure why they have gone quiet all of a sudden.
I have a few spare ice axes if anyone needs them and knows how to use one. We could do a bit of ice axe braking if anyone fancies- there's nothing better than throwing yourself down a snow slope.
cozi
Stravaiging

Postby blooma193 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:12 am

Hi, sorry, it is going to be working weekend for me. Hope you're going to have a fun and nice meeting and greate days outside. Next time hopefully with me.
blooma193
Mountaineer

Munros:1   

Postby Dan Scheer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:01 pm

Looks like our snowholing course is going ahead so will sadly have to drop out. bit gutted, I am always up for sliding down some slopes and practicing ice axe skills :)
Hopefully I can join you all next time and hope you have a great time!
Dan Scheer
Mountaineer

Postby cozi » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Planning to meet in the car park behind the Glencoe Hotel(at the junction of the A82 with Glencoe village, 9.30 for 10am), and we can then decide which mountains or walks we will do.
I'm looking forwards to meeting some nice new people on what's looking to be a good day.
See you there!
cozi
Stravaiging

Postby smalltounboy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:26 am

Nice to meet Lois and Caroline in the commercial at Fort Bill, both lovely girls,no idea why they are single though

Mark
smalltounboy
Stravaiging

Munros:150   Corbetts:12
Fionas:4   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:1

Postby cozi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:07 am

So the first meet actually happened. I realise now everybody needs a lot more notice before we meet. I had a great time walking with Lois.... no boys sadly. We went up the Pap of Glencoe,trying to scramble up the rocky bits which were a bit wet and slippy. Finished the day chatting to some nice mountain loving men in Fort William(it was Valentine's day after all). Bumped into another member, Mark, who was also enjoying a little apres hill entertainment.
cozi
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs