walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Visit to the snow place (Glendoll)

Visit to the snow place (Glendoll)

Postby KatTai » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:14 pm

Route description: Corrie Fee, Glen Clova

Date walked: 04/03/2015

Time taken: 2.5 hours

Distance: 7.18 km

Ascent: 234m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

We have no snow where I live, so decided to take the dogs up to the "snow place" aka Glendoll, where we usually end up when I'm wanting to take the dogs to find some snow for them to play in! And we certainly found some snow!

We start off following the white water route crossing the bridge over to the other side of the river and following the trail through the forest, and then headed up to Corrie Fee where for once we weren't stuck in the shade of the hill!

The dogs (all three of them LOL) posed together on the posing rock...

I was planning to go back along the Donoult trail, but when I started heading down that way I noticed a distinct lack of other footprints which probably meant a harder walk through deeper snow, which we had done last time we were up at Glendoll but we did that route first and had the easy walk back along the forestry track not after the dogs had been running around playing along another route first. Fly had been up to her belly in snow up there last time and it was hard work for her as she suffers from arthritis, so I decided against it and just headed straight back down to the car park. At the other end of the Donoult trail there were no footprints going up that way at all so probably made the best choice not to use that as our return route otherwise I'd probably have a very grumpy doggy tonight!

f.jpg
The snow here will remain without footprints for at least a little while longer!
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:53   
Islands:32

Re: Visit to the snow place (Glendoll)

Postby audreywaugh » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Beautiful dogs, great how you got them to pose! Glen Doll is such a lovely place, but never been there in the snow.
audreywaugh
Wanderer

Munros:196   Corbetts:46
Fionas:14   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:25   Hewitts:48
Wainwrights:47   Islands:20

Postby KatTai » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:29 pm

Yes, they are quite good at posing for the camera LOL Glendoll is lovely in the snow, the dogs can have a good run around and play up there! I probably go there more in winter than summer as it is convenient when the Cairn o Mount road is closed.
KatTai
Wanderer

Postby Fife Flyer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:54 am

Interesting, much more snow at low level than when we were there less than 2 weeks ago :wink:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:130   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby KatTai » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:53 pm

This was fresh snow from the Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Was quite warm though so I don't think it will be hanging around for long!
KatTai
Wanderer

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland