walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Back into the groove with two Corbetts

Back into the groove with two Corbetts

Postby Jockstar » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:51 am

Route description: Meall Tairneachan and Farragon Hill

Corbetts included on this walk: Farragon Hill, Meall Tairneachan

Date walked: 23/04/2015

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 17.25 km

Ascent: 1583m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

We had already planned to go to Tummel Valley for a weekend of rest and recovery as we had been very busy renovating our house and it is a great place to stay as you are amongst some great scenery with Schiehallion as the backdrop. That bought back memories as we had ticked that off some time ago. however I was keen to get some walking done as I wanted to get back to a decent level of fitness and had a look at the map and saw the two corbetts were a good restart to my walking journal. It was a glorious day and myself and Ruby (our border terrier) set off from Tummel and headed along the B846 (in the car) until we came to a parking spot just past Loch Kinardochy 8) . This was a place where there was once a lime kiln and there is a grand structure to confirm that. From there we went due west up the side of the forest and held that line using the old stone wall to maintain our bearing. Once we had come to the end of the forest line we reached Meall tairneachan. We had good visual and we could see Farragon hill in the distance and we followed the stone wall (mostly in ruins) until we reached Farragon hill. So I was pleased to post a 5 hour walk and now I can hope to keep up my fitness for the summer ahead. Happy days :)
Jockstar
Munro compleatist

Munros:53   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland