walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Linda Cracknell

Linda Cracknell

Postby holtlynx » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:27 am

Just wantedto say what a marvellous piece that is by Linda Cracknell and what a brilliant addition to your stable of contributor. There are million reasons for going on the hills but its good to be reminded, and so lyrically, that, in many ways, getting to the top is the least of them.
holtlynx

Re: Linda Cracknell

Postby RiverSong » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Yes, it was a great piece of writing which i enjoyed very much. I've spent holidays in the Great Glen and it was good to match up her descriptions with the areas i remember.

I also enjoyed the various quotes/descriptions from other writers who have been to the area. After all these years, Burns work stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Looking forward to more from Linda in the future. :D
RiverSong
Walker

Postby basscadet » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:47 pm

I have to agree that it was a brilliantly written piece which I enjoyed very much :D until I got to the end and discovered it was actualy an advert :?
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby helenw » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Just to confirm this was an article commissioned and paid for by Walkhighlands, not by the course mentioned in it.
helenw
Site Admin

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:19   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:93

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion