walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Bhreac, Beinn a' Chaorainn

Beinn Bhreac, Beinn a' Chaorainn

Postby mark w » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Route description: Beinn a' Chaorainn & Beinn Bhreac

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chaorainn (Cairngorms), Beinn Bhreac

Date walked: 24/04/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hi all,
Went over to Braemar this weekend for 2 days walking.
Saturday. I parked up at Linn of Dee car park got on my bike and started up Glen Lui. At Derry Lodge I kept to the track on the East side of the river for about a mile where there is a small, easy to miss cairn that marks a faint path heading for Beinn Bhreac.I left the bike here and took to the path, with no problems I was soon at the summit looking over to Beinn a' Chaorainn.
DSCN3234.JPG

I then set off over the dreaded Moine Bhealaidh, heard so many tales of how boggy it is but today with all the snow it was very easy to walk over. I had no problems here either and soon had Beinn a' Chaorainn ticked off the list.
DSCN3236.JPG

DSCN3240.JPG

Then it was a descent West down to the Lairig an Laoigh pass and a long flat walk back to the bike. All had went well i was soon back to the car park and on my way to Braemar, Sunday wasn't so fruitfull.
mark w
Mountain Walker

Munros:73   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Re: Beinn Bhreac, Beinn a' Chaorainn

Postby mountain coward » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:40 am

It can be pretty boggy between the 2 sets of hills in summer so you did right to do it in those conditions - bet it was a great walk! I love Glen Derry :D
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland