walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Foel Grach, Garnedd Uchaf, Foel-fras Snowdonia

Foel Grach, Garnedd Uchaf, Foel-fras Snowdonia

Postby scoob999 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Carnedd Gwenllian (Garnedd Uchaf), Foel Grach, Foel-fras

Date walked: 19/07/2015

Time taken: 5.01

Distance: 13.7 km

Ascent: 782m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Attachments

faol grach.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

foel grach 1.JPG
foel grach.JPG
scoob999
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Re: Foel Grach, Garnedd Uchaf, Foel-fras Snowdonia

Postby Alteknacker » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:30 am

A really interesting way to do these! I'd no idea how appealing the landscape is on the East side. I've always tended to visit them in a bit of a hurry, either at the end of a 15 3000ers walk, or at the end of the Carneddau traverse (with one car, you have to get back the way you came!

Really glad you experienced Snowdonia at its best (ie not clag-bound!)
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby scoob999 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Alteknacker wrote:A really interesting way to do these! I'd no idea how appealing the landscape is on the East side. I've always tended to visit them in a bit of a hurry, either at the end of a 15 3000ers walk, or at the end of the Carneddau traverse (with one car, you have to get back the way you came!

Really glad you experienced Snowdonia at its best (ie not clag-bound!)

Cheers :D

We almost never done this walk after starting too far up the road and not having any luck finding a fence free route through the old ruins :(
Turned out to be a great walk though and might be visiting the bothy soon :wink:
scoob999
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Postby ChrisW » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:03 am

Cracking video Scoob, love the 'epic' look of Fi standing on the rocks around the 3.55 min mark and the speedy traverse soon after around 4.05...best of all those scenes at the end there, absolutely beautiful, picture postcard stuff :clap: :clap:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland