walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Free Fudge Bars on Shiehallion (Saturday 22nd May 2010)

Free Fudge Bars on Shiehallion (Saturday 22nd May 2010)

Postby MG1976 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:13 pm

This coming Saturday is going to be a very special day.
My son has been asking me the same questions for weeks and weeks now, when enquiries about our weekend plans.......

"Are we going to climb a mountain?"

Well, i'm very pleased to announce that, all going well, my son Chase will be taking on his 1st Munro (Shiehallion) this coming Saturday (22/05/10).
To mark this occasion, he will be taking to the hill armed with 50 Fudge Bars to hand out to anyone he meets along the way. Each Fudge bar will handed out to anyone nice enough to talk to us. We're also going to be a little sneeky, and dish out a little slip of paper with details of this great website, inviting those getting a free bar to look up the site, to read Chase's first report walk. Some free publicity should hopefully go down well with those in charge, on here.

So, if your plans find you on Shiehallion, look out for myself, my son, and my younger brother.

Oh, by the way, Chase is only 3 and will not be getting to sit on daddy's shoulders until he's touched the summit cairn under his own steam. I don't think we'll be recording the quickest time, but maybe recording the youngest summiteer.

Maybe that should be a new feature. Youngest / Oldest member to summit each Munro.... ????
MG1976
Mountain Walker

Corbetts:5
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Free Fudge Bars on Shiehallion (Saturday 22nd May 2010)

Postby monty » Wed May 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Great stuff MG...
Get them interested in the great outdoors at a young age. Hope you have good weather. :D
monty

Postby Paul Webster » Wed May 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Blimey - thankyou 8) :lol: :clap: If there was a slightly more time I could send you 50 leaflets....

It's tempting - I wonder whether you will have enough fudge bars :shh:
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby MG1976 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Paul Webster wrote:Blimey - thankyou 8) :lol: :clap: If there was a slightly more time I could send you 50 leaflets....

It's tempting - I wonder whether you will have enough fudge bars :shh:

Paul, Some leaflets would have been a great idea.
If you have any soft copies that you could email to me, i'd gladly dish them out.
Even it's just a scanned copy, i'm more than happy to use my company's staionery supplies to run some off.

As for there being enough bars, it's my own self discipline i'm worried about.
Cheers,
Martin
MG1976
Mountain Walker

Postby Paul Webster » Wed May 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Good luck to you both!
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby davidmhodgey » Thu May 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Aww that's a really sweet thing to do! Pun intended :D I hope you both have a lovely day. Shiehallion is a bit of a slog in my opinion. Lots of history there to talk about though
davidmhodgey

Munros:83   Corbetts:3

Postby mountain coward » Fri May 21, 2010 2:24 am

Yeah, I didn't much like Schiehallion for all those false summits and boulders along the ridge - very slippy in the wet.

Now can someone lead me along Liathach with a trail of Cadbury's fudge bars please? :D
mountain coward

Postby MG1976 » Sat May 22, 2010 12:35 am

MC, looking at the number of peaks you're already done, i'm struggling to see you needing a fudge car to tempt you anywhere you've yet to climb. That aside, if a fudge car would be useful for your next outing, i'll put aside one and post it on to you. Drop me a PM with your address and i'll get my son to give it to postman pat. MG
MG1976
Mountain Walker

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs