walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Helvellyn to Seat Sandle

Helvellyn to Seat Sandle

Postby ChrisG » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Dollywaggon Pike, Helvellyn, Nethermost Pike, Seat Sandal

Hewitts included on this walk: Dollywaggon Pike, Helvellyn, Seat Sandal

Date walked: 18/10/2015

Time taken: 6.5

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1121m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another great day out in the Lakeland Hills. I think the image file size has changed as I cannot get any of my pictures to load in the way I normally do so no pictures again until a find a way of making the file sizes smaller, sorry, Pictures now added Lightroom to the rescue again.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

DSC_3150.jpg

DSC_3261.jpg

DSC_3254.jpg
Last edited by ChrisG on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisG
Mountain Walker

Munros:33   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   Islands:5

Re: Helvellyn to Seat Sandle

Postby Lynne2509 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:34 pm

and my 150th Wainwright - Nethermost Pike, woohoo. Great walk, shame you cant get your pics to load :-( Great walk :)
Lynne2509
Mountain Walker

Munros:11   Corbetts:4
Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:134
Wainwrights:203   Islands:13

Postby ChrisW » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:48 pm

Hey Chris, I find the best way to load files for this site is to host them elsewhere (google picasa, flickr or whatever) and then just link to here, that way you don't have to worry about file size or the number of images you want to post. I'll look forward to seeing em :wink:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby trailmasher » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Hey Chris, if you don't want to use Picasa, etc there is a free programme for reducing images. It's only a small programme easy to use and it's called Fast Image Resizer. I usually put mine in at a resolution of 768x1024 and seems to work alright. Whatever you use, good luck with your photos. :clap: :)
trailmasher
Mountaineer

Munros:13   
Hewitts:179
Wainwrights:214   

Postby ChrisG » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:54 pm

trailmasher wrote:Hey Chris, if you don't want to use Picasa, etc there is a free programme for reducing images. It's only a small programme easy to use and it's called Fast Image Resizer. I usually put mine in at a resolution of 768x1024 and seems to work alright. Whatever you use, good luck with your photos. :clap: :)

Thanks for that I'll give it a go
ChrisG
Mountain Walker

Munros:33   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   Islands:5

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland