walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Wet Wet Wet

Wet Wet Wet

Postby ChrisG » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:18 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Brim Fell, Coniston Old Man, Dow Crag

Hewitts included on this walk: Dow Crag, The Old Man of Coniston

Date walked: 03/01/2016

Time taken: 6

Distance: 11 km

Ascent: 932m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well the weather outside is frightful, but the forecast said delightful (well showers actually) and if you've no place to go let it rain let sleet and a little snow. This was one of the wettest days on the fells I've done absolutely soaked by the time we got back to the car. Having said that it was good to get out, my boots were starting to think they had done something wrong.

Only a few pictures from the beginning of the walk as the mist came right down to so viz was very poor.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

DSCN5135.jpg

DSCN5138.jpg
ChrisG
Mountain Walker

Munros:33   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   Islands:5

Re: Wet Wet Wet

Postby The English Alpinist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:45 pm

It certainly is (wet wet wet). You gave it as much coverage as it probably deserves! I believe the next day (Monday) was a lot nicer according to the forecast. I wanted to get out but was not free. Still, poor weather experiences are useful to have now and then, and you'll look back on it fondly!
The English Alpinist
Mountain Walker

Munros:56   Corbetts:11
Fionas:22   Donalds:18+10
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:136
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Wet Wet Wet

Postby ChrisW » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:09 pm

You certainly stuck it out for the day Chris, crappy weather or no....good effort mate :clap:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland