walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

One of the longest Corbetts in under 3hrs

One of the longest Corbetts in under 3hrs

Postby Johnny Corbett » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Route description: Beinn Liath Mhòr a'Ghiubhais Li

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Liath Mhòr a' Ghiubhais Li

Date walked: 19/07/2013

Time taken: 2.3 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Ok, when i say one of the longest Corbetts, i'm talking about the amount of letters in its name not the time it takes to climb it. The Corbett in question being, Beinn Liath Mhor a' Ghiubhais Li which only took 2hrs 30mins to walk with a break at the summit. This was my first outing on the hills for over 3 weeks due to a trip to Canada and i was looking for a short walk mainly due to not being out for so long and also due to jet lag. It was also an extremely hot day and i was walking An Teallach the following day so didn't want to over do it. I started from the bridge at the west end of Loch Glascarnoch at the signposted track for the Fannichs. I took the track before leaving it higher up to make my way up the north west ridge and onwards to the summit. From the summit i made my way over to a larger cairn before heading north around Meall Daimh and back to the car.
https://plus.google.com/photos/110051255472035874897/albums/5907978205230339073?sort=1
Last edited by Johnny Corbett on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Re: One of the longest Corbetts in under 3hrs

Postby gaffr » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:31 am

A few letters shorter than MLCMD J. I guess that the plantation on the lower slopes will be a bit taller since I was last there :) It will be a special day when JC reaches the final Ronnie....wonder if you will be first Corbett since the old man Compleated his round admittedly a different number in his day. :-)
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Postby magicdin » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:16 pm

gaffr wrote:wonder if you will be first Corbett since the old man Compleated his round admittedly a different number in his day. :-)

According to Dave Hewitt's list of Corbetteers - yes :thumbup: (but not all names are listed)
http://www.corbetteers.blogspot.co.uk/
magicdin
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:110   Donalds:23
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:24
Wainwrights:10   Islands:28

Postby Johnny Corbett » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:29 pm

gaffr wrote:A few letters shorter than MLCMD J. I guess that the plantation on the lower slopes will be a bit taller since I was last there :) It will be a special day when JC reaches the final Ronnie....wonder if you will be first Corbett since the old man Compleated his round admittedly a different number in his day. :-)
I have to confess my real name is not Corbett, it's just the username i chose for the site. Maybe i should change my name by deed poll :crazy:
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby 92and282now221 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:
gaffr wrote:A few letters shorter than MLCMD J.
I have to confess my real name is not Corbett, it's just the username i chose for the site. Maybe i should change my name by deed poll :crazy:

Surely the trick is to change your name by Deed poll to "Johnny Corbett-Compleatist", then you would be the only Corbett-Compleatiston the list! Actually, don't do that - I'll do it myself in hopefully a couple of years time...
92and282now221
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:91
Fionas:2   Donalds:10
Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland