walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Each, Day 5 of the Corbett Adventure

Beinn Each, Day 5 of the Corbett Adventure

Postby The Rodmiester » Thu May 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Route description: Beinn Each from Loch Lubnaig

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Each

Date walked: 16/05/2016

Time taken: 2.5 hours

Distance: 7 km

Ascent: 690m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

After climbing Ben Vane in the morning and having plenty of time I thought why rush to the Callander campsite to pich the tent, there was plenty more in the tank and although the sun was shining I knew the first part would be sheltered somewhat going through the trees so why not give it ago, too nice a day not to really. Drove around to the Bridge over the river Ample where there is a parking bay, marked Ardchullarie More on the OS MAP.
a1.JPG
Walk up the driveway where you will find this building, take the path on the left hand side wich follows the river Ample upstream through the woods, there is a fence on your right hand side

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

a1.JPG
Walk up the driveway where you will find this building, take the path on the left hand side wich follows the river Ample upstream through the woods, there is a fence on your right hand side
a2.JPG
Path through the trees
a3.JPG
After heading though a thicker plantation of trees and crossing over a track keep going up through the trees until you come out at the tree line
a4.JPG
After walking about fifteen minutes you will find a signpost to the hill
a5.JPG
Just after crossing a burn turn up right and walk along the burn coming off the hill. Path is clear and pretty dry
a6.JPG
Looking back down the well used path
8.JPG
Looking back down the path near the summit
9.JPG
Stuc a Chroin and Ben Vorlich behind from the summit cairn
10.JPG
Summit photo
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Re: Beinn Each, Day 5 of the Corbett Adventure

Postby Jaxter » Thu May 26, 2016 9:38 pm

I really enjoyed Beinn Each, despite seeing nothing from the top :lol: Really enjoyable climb (despite being a corbett :wink: ) looks like you got the views too! :clap:
Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:141
Fionas:91   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:131   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Postby The Rodmiester » Fri May 27, 2016 9:07 am

Jaxter wrote:I really enjoyed Beinn Each, despite seeing nothing from the top :lol: Really enjoyable climb (despite being a corbett :wink: ) looks like you got the views too! :clap:

A nice easy hill for an evening stroll, with good views, pity you had none, but the next day at Ben Ledi the cloud came in and I missed the summit views, never mind, next time. Just good getting some hill time in :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Postby PeteR » Fri May 27, 2016 9:56 am

Some week you had Rod......visiting a lot of my choices for winter walking. Agree with you that this would make a nice evening stroll.
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:122   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby Jaxter » Fri May 27, 2016 10:42 am

The Rodmiester wrote:
Jaxter wrote:I really enjoyed Beinn Each, despite seeing nothing from the top :lol: Really enjoyable climb (despite being a corbett :wink: ) looks like you got the views too! :clap:

A nice easy hill for an evening stroll, with good views, pity you had none, but the next day at Ben Ledi the cloud came in and I missed the summit views, never mind, next time. Just good getting some hill time in :D

Aye there's always another time! I carried on along the ridge to Stuc a Chroin and it was lovely by then, so not a total loss :wink:
Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:141
Fionas:91   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:131   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Postby The Rodmiester » Fri May 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Jaxter wrote:
The Rodmiester wrote:

Aye there's always another time! I carried on along the ridge to Stuc a Chroin and it was lovely by then, so not a total loss :wink:

Good thinking, it worked out very well for you :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland