walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Stunning Eastern Mamores, Wildcamp & Drone.

Stunning Eastern Mamores, Wildcamp & Drone.

Postby Renegade Scot » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:40 pm

Munros included on this walk: An Gearanach, Binnein Mòr, Na Gruagaichean, Sgùrr Èilde Mòr, Stob Coire a' Chàirn

Date walked: 02/06/2016

Distance: 25 km

Ascent: 2150m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Decided to try and get to the top of as many of the Eastern Mamore summits as I could in one day. Was also looking forward to having another overnight wild camp.

The total of this walk ended up around 25km and around 2100m of ascent. This doesn’t include all the ups and downs taken to film the trip, as this was my most ambitious film to date due to the terrain and distances needing to be covered.

However the weather was stunning and made up for all the sweat, thirst and pain as you will see in the footage. It has made for a very memorable trip and look forward to getting back and doing more in the area. Can only imagine how good it would be during the winter as well.

Traversed the route starting with Stob Coire a’Chairn and finishing at Sgurr Eilde Mor so I could camp and spend the night at one of my favourite spots next to the Coire an Lochain.

In total I managed to complete five Munro's. Bagged the fifth one in the morning just before setting off for home.

Stob Coire a'Chairn, 981m
An Gearanach, 982m
Na Grugaichean, 1056m
Binnein Mor, 1130m
Sgurr Eilde Mor, 1010m

Hope you enjoy this film report from a fantastic piece of Scotland. Long may this good weather continue.

Renegade Scot
Munro compleatist

Re: Stunning Eastern Mamores, Wildcamp & Drone.

Postby dt27348 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Really enjoyed your film report ,Ray, including the drone footage at the end. Only you can decide if carrying an additional 5kg is worth the effort but I hope to see more.
Dave :clap:
dt27348
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:167
Fionas:15   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:24

Postby Renegade Scot » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:51 pm

Thanks Dave, much appreciated. Its not everybody's cup of tea but I enjoy doing the filming.

However at times it is like I have made a rod for my own back. Will see how it all progresses.
Renegade Scot
Munro compleatist

Postby scoob999 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:47 pm

That's a great well edited video :clap: really enjoyed it

I really need to get my drone fired up again but I wont be carrying it over hills :D
scoob999
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland